Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell vs. Fleming County Predictions

Featured Replies

Russell 56

Fleming Co. 21

  • Replies 74
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Are you kidding me, Fleming is alot better than East or West...West got pummelled by Bath Co and Estill Co, 2 very weak teams and East was pummelled by 40 by Raceland, whos pretty good, but Fleming would compete with Raceland and possibly even beat them..

Your entitled to your own opinion but I beg to differ.:fight: Fleming county Beat West carter 38-21 and East Carter 15-3 that tells me right there that Fleming isnt alot better than either West and East. While Russell did just beat East Carter 41-6 and all of East Points coming against jv, and beat West Carter 44-19 with some of those points coming against our jv.

  • Author

I was looking at the play by play for the West Carter game and Russell had the jv players in at around 10 mins to go in the 3rd quarter against West Carter. Russell scored at 10:02 to go in the 3rd quarter to make it 41 to 7 then they gave up a kickoff touchdown on the kickoff to Dominic Comar of West Carter with 9:47 to go in the 3rd quarter after that the jv was in at 9:47. So 13 points was scored on Russells varsity in that game one being that kickoff return for td. In the East Carter game ( senior night the jv was in around 9mins to go in the 4th quarter).

Russell hasn't had to play there starters for more than a half in the last 5-6 weeks...Fleming isn't a great team, but, they are alot better than Russells recent competition and it'll take more than a half to pull away from Fleming...This game is just what Russell needs right now, but, the question is, can they turn up the cruise control they've been on for the last month and a half...IMO, they'll come out hot and then find out Fleming doesn't go away so easily and get frustrated and Fleming will build confidence as the game goes on and make a few big plays to pull the upset....Bad news is, when they meet again in 2 weeks, Russell will show why they're one of the favorites to win it all.....

 

 

I was really agreeing with you until about midway through your post. If Russell comes out hot, it will be over pretty quick. If Fleming wants to pull the upset they need to play keep-away from Russell. Plain and simple. They would have to control time of possesion and keep Russell's scoring opportunities to a bare minimum. I don't think this Fleming team is as good as past Panther teams but they're still a formidable opponent and Russell better not overlook them. They are 6-0 in the district for a reason. I hope Fleming gives them a game because I think it would be good for the Devils with the playoffs starting next week. I don't think this Fleming team will pull the upset but Russell better come to Flemingsburg ready to play or they could be going back to Russell with their heads hangin'. Stranger things have happened.

This is my first trip to Fleming County, so when you speak of the visitor seating, can you compare it to any of our other district foes. In other words is it better or worse than :

 

East Carter

West Carter

Lewis Co.

 

thanks, and I look forward to seeing everybody at the game. Weather is predicted to be colder than normal.

 

 

About like West Carter. Not as many as Lewis. Bring a chair and umbrella if you want to sit or you will be standing, that's for sure.

  • Author

If Fleming is ever going to pull the upset they had better do it tonight. Because if they come to Russells turf they will have a hard way to go.:ylsuper:

The seeding so far for this district looks like #1 Russell #2 Fleming #3 West Carter # 4 East Carter (West beat East head to head).

 

 

Russell has to win tomorrow night first!!! This will be the toughest game since Ashland. :devil: :devil:

  • Author
Russell has to win tomorrow night first!!! Don't count your chickens just yet. This will be the toughest game since Ashland.

I'm not countin my chickens yet I was clearly stating what was most likely to be the seedings.:thumb:

I'm not countin my chickens yet I was clearly stating what was most likely to be the seedings.:thumb:

 

 

Agreed!!

I myself am hoping for a tough game. I hope Fleming has the horses to take it to Russell a bit so the defense and offense have to buckle down and execute. That would be the best case scenario for the Devils leading into playoff time. I would love to see Fleming finally step up to their hype and give a dynamite performance. If they can:

 

Russell 28

Fleming 20

 

If they can't:

 

Russell 42

Fleming 14

  • Author

Rushing Yards Kasey Clark - # 24 1150

Passing Yards Tyler Jones - # 8 787

Receiving Yards Marcus Frazier # 20 499 on the season

  • Author

Pretty good numbers for Clark consider he hasnt played hardly any in the second halfs.

Russell 33

Fleming 12

This could be a very interesting evening. I noticed last week that Clark with his sprained ankle was having problems on the wet field. I would never underestimate Fleming County. They have shown in the past that they can pull the upset. Not tonight. Ivan will have them ready.

Hopefully that ankle is feeling much better.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.