Simon Kenton 55 Walton Verona 40 (32nd District Championship)

Harmeyer was very deserving. However, it is the Most Valuable Player award. No doubt, Ally was the most valuable asset to that team. It is not only about points. She had total control of that court with her 3/4 court passes, assists, and ability to get 33 into foul trouble. I felt if anyone was slighted it was Stamper not getting on the all tourney team. Unfortunately in our feel good society the winner only gets 3 players. I'd say she was more deserving than the Bill-town player but that is America.

SK won the game. Does it really matter who the MVP was? Basketball is a team sport. What were their stat lines? I’d think they were pretty similar.

Ally makes everyone around her better. Who’s to say that Harmeyer gets the looks she does without Ally? I like Harmeyer and she can stroke it but creating for herself isn’t exactly her strength.

I didn't think Niece stood out enough to warrant MVP in that game. Imo no one on either side stood out until Harmeyer got going in the 3rd and broke the game open. It was 19-17 SK at half (ugly 1st half to say the least) and at the end of the 3rd it was SK 43-29. Pretty much all of that was Harmeyer. The game was over at that point. Whether 33 was in the game or not wouldn't have made a difference for WV.

I said in the prediction thread if SK stopped WV's PG they would win. And they did. SK kept her from getting to the basket and forced her into several TO's. WV runs a lot of their offense through her. She is a ball-dominant PG, which leads the other kids to stand and watch. They had a difficult time just getting shots off on most possessions in that game.

I agree with you on Stamper. Usually the all-tourney team is set after the opening games, except for MVP. SK's starters played only a quarter and a half against Williamstown and she played the best. But they didn't look to get her the ball much last night. Sure Niece coming back has changed the chemistry of that team. Playing without her most of the season I'm sure the other kids have had to adjust with her being thrown back in the mix right before tourney time.

If it doesn't matter then why give the award? It matters to someone doesn't it?

Sure it matters. But what matters more is playing team basketball and winning games. Ally worked her tail off to get back and help this team. She makes everyone better. Not everything she does shows up in the box score. Like someone said it’s not the 3rd Qtr MVP. Time for everyone to put their egos aside or the season will be over fast.