Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Consolidations and Shut Downs

Featured Replies

  • Author
It can many different things ,But the bottom line on all closures is MONEY.

Just like Maysville? Because that is what I heard. They got drove to financial problems and were forced (better word?) by Mason to merge in order to stay alive. It was also a political battle like at Tollesboro too.

This is an opinion of someone I know who went to Maysville.

I do somewhat believe they were forced but I do not know the facts because I can not find any about Maysville.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
He was counting the total enrollment of Augusta K-12 which is in the 300s. If Augusta ever closes it won't happen any time soon. The administration there is the best its been in years maybe the best thats ever been there. The school is growing by the day with more students, new renovations, new classes, new everything.

Yep they are, and I was. They are tuckpointing the building, constructing new rooms, replacing windows, new computers, books, and many more are under way, with more on the drawing board.

 

To be technical three schools in one building:

Augusta Elementary (P-5)-141

Augusta Junior High (6-8)-77

Augusta High (9-12) -112

CURRENT ENROLLMENT- 331

 

Providence had about 110 if I heard correctly.

 

Harrodsburg is doing pretty well in football with the top team in the state in 2A.

 

I've never been to Augusta.

 

The KHSAA says Augusta had 92 students last year in grades 9-12. What grades are you counting? Bracken County is listed at 393.

 

Are you counting all in that school or just 9-12?

The only thing that counts is 9-12.

 

Like I said, the number of students you have in grade school is irrelevant when you are talking about high school enrollment.

  • Author
The only thing that counts is 9-12.

 

Like I said, the number of students you have in grade school is irrelevant when you are talking about high school enrollment.

Well Augusta is one of five(six) schools in the state housed in one building (from what I had read)

 

The others:

Fredrick Fraize (Cloverport)

Burgin (Burgin)

Providence (Providence)*

Deming (Robertson)

Bardstown (Bardstown)

Silver Grove (Silver Grove)

 

*-The facilities plans for Providence listed Providence High as a transitional school, with Broadway Elementary getting a Middle/High School addition to compinsate for the High School closure.

Just like Maysville? Because that is what I heard. They got drove to financial problems and were forced (better word?) by Mason to merge in order to stay alive. It was also a political battle like at Tollesboro too.

This is an opinion of someone I know who went to Maysville.

I do somewhat believe they were forced but I do not know the facts because I can not find any about Maysville.

I highly doubt there were forced to close by Mason County School system im sure it was the state where it was fund from.

  • Author
I highly doubt there were forced to close by Mason County School system im sure it was the state where it was fund from.

Sounds accurate enough. With the closure of Jones Elementary Maysville Independent is now with the ages. One is an apartment building and the other is empty. They only had two buildings I think. :(

 

Oh and I forgot to add for the schools in one building:

Jackson City School (Jackson)

Add Model Lab School to the list of schools with elementary, middle and high schools in one building. Enrollment 210 grades 9 - 12.

  • Author
Add Model Lab School to the list of schools with elementary, middle and high schools in one building. Enrollment 210 grades 9 - 12.

Where is that at?

Model is in Richmond and part of EKU. Can you imagine trying to compete in the 11th region.

  • Author
Model is in Richmond and part of EKU. Can you imagine trying to compete in the 11th region.

I would be afraid.

 

Schools all in one:

Augusta

Cloverport

Jackson City

Model

Silver Grove

Burgin

Bardstown

Deming

Providence

 

Out of all those good all in one schools these are all that are left in the state

Slowly though they probably will shut down........Hope not

If not for proximity it would make for a fun league.

  • Author
If not for proximity it would make for a fun league.

Wonder who would win?

Would be a great Christmas tournament. Panther, why don't you organize it? Play it at AHS.

  • Author
Would be a great Christmas tournament. Panther, why don't you organize it? Play it at AHS.

Sounds like a good idea ;) Wonder if there should be a State Independent Tournament? Good idea?

I would be afraid.

 

Schools all in one:

Augusta

Cloverport

Jackson City

Model

Silver Grove

Burgin

Bardstown

Deming

Providence

 

Out of all those good all in one schools these are all that are left in the state

Slowly though they probably will shut down........Hope not

 

Williamsburg

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.