Greatest Survivor Players Of All Time?

GrantNKY

To answer your why, he was a major jerk throughout the whole season. There is a big difference between lying and being deceitful because it's your strategy or game play vs. just be a complete jerk, which he was. I think people can look past being lied to our screwed over by someone, but not if they also come across the way Russell continually did, from what I remember.

I say all that as someone who thoroughly enjoyed watching him.

Who is a bigger jerk, one who is a jerk to your face or one who is a jerk behind your back? Russell told everyone what he was going to do and then they got upset when it actually happened.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is a bigger jerk, one who is a jerk to your face or one who is a jerk behind your back? Russell told everyone what he was going to do and then they got upset when it actually happened.

It's a fair question. But in real life you can escape either of those people. In Survivor you have to live with them and be around them 24/7. So I'd rather have the person that is the jerk behind my back so that my living atmosphere is at least tolerable.

Every year I sit there and say I'd vote for the best player, which is whomever has the best strategy. The awesome thing about Survivor, great strategy can mean one thing to me and something entirely different to someone else. Ticking off everyone because you go out of your way to be a blatant jerk, doesn't seem like a great way to get a million dollars from those people. Upsetting them because you blindsided them and strictly played the game, is different to me.

It's a fair question. But in real life you can escape either of those people. In Survivor you have to live with them and be around them 24/7. So I'd rather have the person that is the jerk behind my back so that my living atmosphere is at least tolerable.

Every year I sit there and say I'd vote for the best player, which is whomever has the best strategy. The awesome thing about Survivor, great strategy can mean one thing to me and something entirely different to someone else. Ticking off everyone because you go out of your way to be a blatant jerk, doesn't seem like a great way to get a million dollars from those people. Upsetting them because you blindsided them and strictly played the game, is different to me.

In my eyes, everything Russell did was strictly for the game and not just because he’s a jerk. Maybe I’m giving him too much credit.

If that's the case, then I feel even stronger that I don't feel like he's the best because his strategy was extremely flawed lol

I understand I don’t have a leg to stand on because he never won despite my claims that he should have. But I think his strategy was a good one. He caused chaos. He made people want to hate him because it made him a consistent target. Because he’s always a target he’s able to protect his numbers and keep people like Natalie and eventually Parvati and Danielle extremely loyal to him and it worked. He constantly planted seeds in people to make them comfortable. To me his best move was before jury in HvV he planted a seed in Tyson that he was going to switch his vote to Parvati because he knew Boston Robs alliance was going to split the vote and this would make it a tie. Tyson didn’t want a tie so he switched his vote to Parvati. Russell played the idol for Parvati, and Tyson went home. I just wish people wouldn’t take the game so personally. But it’s tough to say that when obviously I’ve never played.

Should Boston Rob have won All Stars? A bitter jury kept him from winning a million dollars that season and was given to an undeserving winner just like Russell in Samoa. Obviously it’s different because Amber won All Stars and her and Russell were obviously together, but I’m struggling to find the difference. To me Boston Rob was the greatest ever way before he ever won Redemption Island.

Should Boston Rob have won All Stars? A bitter jury kept him from winning a million dollars that season and was given to an undeserving winner just like Russell in Samoa. Obviously it’s different because Amber won All Stars and her and Russell were obviously together, but I’m struggling to find the difference. To me Boston Rob was the greatest ever way before he ever won Redemption Island.

Edit: Amber and Boston Rob were tied together.