Waco

This was a great series and I can't recommend it enough. The scenes from the government assault were riveting. How they could declare they weren't assaulting the compound when they clearly were is beyond me. Now that the series is over, I'm going to research the heck out of this saga because the "he said, she said" of the whole thing is very intriguing.

I am to lazy to do the same, so I would love to hear what you find.

I know Thibadeau wrote a book that this was based on. But I think they also based it off an FBI book too.

Either way, hard to not side with the Branch Davidians after that. Fantastic mini series and Taylor Kitsch was awesome.

I am to lazy to do the same, so I would love to hear what you find.

I know Thibadeau wrote a book that this was based on. But I think they also based it off an FBI book too.

Either way, hard to not side with the Branch Davidians after that. Fantastic mini series and Taylor Kitsch was awesome.

It was based on Thibadeau's book and one written by Gary the Negotiator...which is why both looked kind of heroic and everyone else (except Steve) looked like...well not heroes.

I in no way beleive the ATF just pulled up and started shooting without being either first shot at or having guns pointed at them. The famous video of the ATF guy on the roof shows shots clearly coming through the wall from the inside at him. I don't think Koresh was quit as stable as they portrayed him to be either.

It was telling that they seemed to put the go ahead for the final attack at Clinton's feet when Reno said that she'd have to brief the President first. I'd have never thought he would have been that closely involved...if that scene is correct.

My dad knows a guy with the government who was on the investigative team. He said the series portrayed the actual event fairly. His guy told him that he was surprised that some members of the ATF/FBI weren’t brought up on murder charges but he also said that evidence shows the Branch Davidians set the fire.

• 3 weeks later...

A&E recently had a two part program title, Madman or Messiah. It definitely was more negatively slanted towards Koresh but really didn't make the ATF/FBI look any better than the mini series. Many of the survivors participated and all are pro Koresh.