WWE Royal Rumble 2018

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what really made the match, from that point on it got "Real" so to speak.

I agree and just like Brock and Roman in the past, I wonder if getting extra rough was intended all along and the WWE uses it to create fake heat/interest/etc.

For the record I wanted this scenario to play out knowing full well it wouldn't happen.

Mens Rumble Triple H is entry #30, wins the rumble

Womens rumble - Stephanie is #30, wins the rumble

Both of them when a title at Wrestlemania and the authority is back.

1. that would take away from what the women had earned in getting their rumble match, but maybe one year this can play out as to how they bring the authority back.

Could be its own thread, but since its about the rumble winners, I'll throw it in here.

Did anyone else make the connection that the two winners were both......Japanese?! Is that a coincidence? I'm thinking there is some corporate strategy here. Sell about a million Wrestlemania PPV shares in Japan at $70 dollars a pop would generate a lot of money that Vince just used to start the XFL back up. Or, could something be in the works to buy out or partner with New Japan Pro Wrestling. We are seeing more stars that have previously worked in NJPW.

Im thinking its not just a coincidence.

Could be its own thread, but since its about the rumble winners, I'll throw it in here.

Did anyone else make the connection that the two winners were both......Japanese?! Is that a coincidence? I'm thinking there is some corporate strategy here. Sell about a million Wrestlemania PPV shares in Japan at $70 dollars a pop would generate a lot of money that Vince just used to start the XFL back up. Or, could something be in the works to buy out or partner with New Japan Pro Wrestling. We are seeing more stars that have previously worked in NJPW.

Agree.

I said it last night as soon as the mens rumble was over. Everybody knew Asuka was going to win the womens rumble.

So the rumor I've seen is that Wrestlemania is going to be Rousey's debut in a mixed tag match....Rousey & The Rock vs. HHH & Stephanie. Any truth to that? Has it been confirmed? I don't really follow wrestling anymore so sorry if this is old news.

I think the Triple H & Stephanie part is very likely. I'm not sure about The Rock, though. I am sure that WWE would love that, but it will probably be hard for The Rock to get clearance to wrestle.

If they go with a mixed match tag, I see Ronda's likely partner being Kurt Angle or Braun Strowman.

I think the Triple H & Stephanie part is very likely. I'm not sure about The Rock, though. I am sure that WWE would love that, but it will probably be hard for The Rock to get clearance to wrestle.

If they go with a mixed match tag, I see Ronda's likely partner being Kurt Angle or Braun Strowman.

The rumor I saw said the holdup was whether or not Johnson could get the green light from the film deals he's got to do it. Liability concerns of injury or something.

As an aside, if the WWE tries to make Rousey a face, I think they're screwing up majorly. She's PERFECT for a major heel IMO.

The rumor I saw said the holdup was whether or not Johnson could get the green light from the film deals he's got to do it. Liability concerns of injury or something.

As an aside, if the WWE tries to make Rousey a face, I think they're screwing up majorly. She's PERFECT for a major heel IMO.

I think The Rock was injured while wrestling when he was getting ready to make the movie Hercules. That has caused studios to put some pressure on him to make out-of-ring appearances only. That's why I doubt he wrestles.

I think WWE will make her a face initially, simply because everyone is going to cheer her for being there. In time, though, I look for them to turn her heel.