WWE Royal Rumble 2018

Saw photo of Flair as Col Sanders...was that part of the show?

It was an advertisement, they had a KFC Rumble or something like that, it was funny seeing how everyone was dressed up as the Colonel including Goldust.

The Nature Boy won!

And I am definitely going to patronize KFC for a cheat meal soon.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the Men's Royal Rumble, I thought the WWE did a fantastic job with it, my only sort of take it or leave it was on Nakamura winning because like someone else mentioned I don't believe they have developed his character enough.

Things I liked about the Rumble:

Aiden English singing.

The crowd into Rusev Day.

Finn staying in.

Rhyno because he is Rhyno.

Baron Corbin cleaning house.

Health Slater doing the comedy act like normal and killing it.

Elias singing and the crowd engagement, not bad in the ring either.

All the New Day period.

The Raw tag guys mostly getting in and out of the Rumble quick.

The crowd chanting that both Cena and Roman suck.

The Miz in anything he does.

Sami and Kevin taking out Tye and Sami entering himself in the Rumble.

Rey Mysterio's wrestling ability.

And of course all the commentary.

I loved the Men's Royal Rumble, I thought the WWE did a fantastic job with it, my only sort of take it or leave it was on Nakamura winning because like someone else mentioned I don't believe they have developed his character enough.

Things I liked about the Rumble:

Aiden English singing.

The crowd into Rusev Day.

Finn staying in.

Rhyno because he is Rhyno.

Baron Corbin cleaning house.

Health Slater doing the comedy act like normal and killing it.

Elias singing and the crowd engagement, not bad in the ring either.

All the New Day period.

The Raw tag guys mostly getting in and out of the Rumble quick.

The crowd chanting that both Cena and Roman suck.

The Miz in anything he does.

Sami and Kevin taking out Tye and Sami entering himself in the Rumble.

Rey Mysterio's wrestling ability.

And of course all the commentary.

Im with you, I thought the mens rumble was solid, in large part because the old timers were NOT in it. When you have close to 100 guys on the active roster, why on earth do you need all the old timers. A few sure, a lot nope.

Only bad part of the mens rumble match was, when it got down to the final 4, they took way too long to move forward. They could have done what they did a lot faster, it kinda made the match boring. The ending wasn't great, not because of who won, but how it ended.

I was really hoping they didn't screw up the women's rumble, and would give the ladies their due time and creative input to do it right. The killed it. The legends they brought back were the ones they should have. The flow of the match was on point. All the women seem to all get a small moment of time just for them. Knocked it out of the park, well done.

It was an advertisement, they had a KFC Rumble or something like that, it was funny seeing how everyone was dressed up as the Colonel including Goldust.

The Nature Boy won!

And I am definitely going to patronize KFC for a cheat meal soon.

What they are doing with the KFC Colonel is stupid and a disgrace to the man and what he built. I can't believe those in charge sold out for this and the other commercials they are doing. Its disrespectful to be honest.

I think they need to turn Cena into a heel. A big portion of the crowd hates him anyways. He would be a good trash talking heel.

He did a little heel work by eliminating some faces and giving that look. I thought the WWE did a good job with Cena in the Rumble.

What they are doing with the KFC Colonel is stupid and a disgrace to the man and what he built. I can't believe those in charge sold out for this and the other commercials they are doing. Its disrespectful to be honest.

Personally I love it! I think it is very endearing and a great move by KFC and the WWE.

My favorite parts of the whole show: everyone taking shots a Heath Slater on the way to the ring; the old school wrestlers (men and women); Finn Balor (I wanted him to win the Rumble).

What I disliked: Nakamura winning the Rumble; Elias still managing to get a few lines with his stupid guitar; the way Rousey was introduced (don't mind her being on the show but she needed to dismantle someone to sell I think); I wanted one of the Bella twins to win the women's Rumble; no appearance from Paige at all.

Lastly, I just saw that Jonathan Coachman has resigned with WWE and will be back on the mic at RAW tonight. He replaces Booker T, who has been reassigned.

Im with you, I thought the mens rumble was solid, in large part because the old timers were NOT in it. When you have close to 100 guys on the active roster, why on earth do you need all the old timers. A few sure, a lot nope.

Only bad part of the mens rumble match was, when it got down to the final 4, they took way too long to move forward. They could have done what they did a lot faster, it kinda made the match boring. The ending wasn't great, not because of who won, but how it ended.

I was really hoping they didn't screw up the women's rumble, and would give the ladies their due time and creative input to do it right. The killed it. The legends they brought back were the ones they should have. The flow of the match was on point. All the women seem to all get a small moment of time just for them. Knocked it out of the park, well done.

I agree I thought the WWE killed it with both the Women and Men.

I loved seeing all those past Female Superstars that I have only heard about.

Additionally, I was shocked how some of them still have it like Lita and Trish Stratus. Very impressive.

And what on Earth was the WWE doing with Kelly Kelly's Kitty with that extended video shot!?

The larger point is, the WWE has quickly moved the women't division from an afterthought that often got in the way to a successful franchise.

I absolutely loved the Women's Royal Rumble.

I thought this event as a whole rocked.

My favorite parts of the whole show: everyone taking shots a Heath Slater on the way to the ring; the old school wrestlers (men and women); Finn Balor (I wanted him to win the Rumble).

What I disliked: Nakamura winning the Rumble; Elias still managing to get a few lines with his stupid guitar; the way Rousey was introduced (don't mind her being on the show but she needed to dismantle someone to sell I think); I wanted one of the Bella twins to win the women's Rumble; no appearance from Paige at all.

Lastly, I just saw that Jonathan Coachman has resigned with WWE and will be back on the mic at RAW tonight. He replaces Booker T, who has been reassigned.

Paige has a neck injury.

I wonder if this means the Bella's are back or it was more like Trish and Lita and it is just a one time thing.

I like Booker, he commentates his own way but he sees the big picture.

On Rousey, I think the timing was wrong for her, the Royal Rumble needed to stand alone to represent the women.

the way Rousey was introduced (don't mind her being on the show but she needed to dismantle someone to sell I think)

My guess is that she won't be in a match until Wrestlemania. She's going to draw a lot of new eyes to WWE, especially with her being a full-time worker. That's also going to help with WWE's TV contract negotiations.

I thought the way they introduced Rousey was the best way to do it if you choose to do it at the Rumble. She's not in the match, but she makes her presence felt. Like it or not, she's going to bring a spotlight to the women's division that they wouldn't have otherwise. I'm curious to see how she does.

Two things I wanted to happen; knew these weren't going to happen but I sure would have loved it if they did:

- near the end of the men's rumble...Stone Cold's music hits and he comes out and dismantles everyone in site

- near the end of the women's rumble...Stephanie says "hold my beer..." and runs in and eliminates the last two women to win.