Pendleton County 96 Newport 92 (Scrimmage)

Burries from Newport and Allen from PC stood out. Yelton from PC was solid. Obviously from the score defense will be a priority for both teams in future practices, but both shot the ball really well. PC was without Walsh. Anxious to see him back on the floor.

Allen with 37 points and Yelton with 20 points for PC. Walsh was missed for sure with his defense and all around play.

Burries is a solid player for Newport. They can fill it up for sure.

I am told McGuire had 30+ for Newport... truth?? If so, huge step in the right direction for him. Ceiling is high.

Burries is top 2-3 in the 9th for sure.

I don’t understand how Allen doesn’t have more mid-high major offers. He is strong, fairly athletic, shares the ball, and just plays the game, and at a high level.

Both of these two teams should be tops in their respective regions.

I am told McGuire had 30+ for Newport... truth?? If so, huge step in the right direction for him. Ceiling is high.

I don’t understand how Allen doesn’t have more mid-high major offers. He is strong, fairly athletic, shares the ball, and just plays the game, and at a high level.

Newport top in the Ninth ? Clearly too much turkey haha

Newport top in the Ninth ? Clearly too much turkey haha

Covcath

Cooper

Then who??

Newport top 5, doesn’t that make them a top in the 9th? Don’t just make a comment. Back it up. Who’s better? Newport returns top 5 or 6 players.

Not saying their top 2, but 3-5 is reputable and makes them a top in the 9th.

Covcath

Cooper

Then who??

Newport top 5, doesn’t that make them a top in the 9th? Don’t just make a comment. Back it up. Who’s better? Newport returns top 5 or 6 players.

Not saying their top 2, but 3-5 is reputable and makes them a top in the 9th.

Tops to me is the top. Def top 3-4 so I clearly misunderstood your statement. Also Burries isn’t top 2-3 when you have two high major players at Cov Cath and mid major at Cooper. Love his game and ability. However just can not put him over those three in my opinion.

I don’t understand how Allen doesn’t have more mid-high major offers. He is strong, fairly athletic , shares the ball, and just plays the game, and at a high level.

I think Allen’s athleticism - namely his ability to elevate on his jump shot - may be the biggest outstanding question in his game.

I’m a huge fan, but watching his highlights at this point I have to wonder whether he can create a perimeter shot against a true D-I guard or wing.