Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#3 Mayfield vs. Owensboro Catholic (2A Quarterfinal)

Who gets the win? 59 members have voted

  1. 1. Who gets the win?

    • Mayfield Cardinals
      93%
    • Owensboro Catholic Aces
      6%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

They were very young and talented at the skill spots returning into this season, but no one really took into account their lines. They did lose some important seniors along the lines last year and it had a major impact on them early in the year. It affected their skill guys as well. Warren never looked comfortable in the early part of the season and ended up leaving the team. Von Williams had no room to run. Their defensive line was getting man handled on a weekly basis. After these two hooked up last year, i thought this would be OC's year to surpass Mayfield. Things have just played out a little differently than I expected. Mayfield is a powerhouse. They just reload on a yearly basis. Catholic can win this game, but it would take some breaks going their way AND they would have to play their best game of the year. Its going to be real tough, especially on the road.

 

That makes sense. I just remembered they were suppose to be a heavy hitter this year and I was kind of dissapointed. I love competitive games and I don't like Mayfield just running thru trams. That ain't fun to watch. If I wanted to watch the jv play I would go to the jv game lol

  • Replies 50
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is everybody? Come on guys, it's regional finals week. Snake? Toothpick? Rambo?

Where is everybody? Come on guys, it's regional finals week. Snake? Toothpick? Rambo?

 

Diesel, I think Toothpick and Snake got sent to the penalty box. Not sure they are back.

 

Concerning this game, it is interesting. I think Mayfield could start alittle sluggishly because I look for OCath to come out of the gate really strong, but the initial burst of energy will be quickly extinguished and I think Mayfield just has another gear. I am hoping it is not a running clock game, but fear it may end up being.

Diesel, I think Toothpick and Snake got sent to the penalty box. Not sure they are back.

 

Concerning this game, it is interesting. I think Mayfield could start alittle sluggishly because I look for OCath to come out of the gate really strong, but the initial burst of energy will be quickly extinguished and I think Mayfield just has another gear. I am hoping it is not a running clock game, but fear it may end up being.

 

Yea, I miss toothpick and my buddy snakesnot, now that guy could keep a thread going, and him and I rarely agreed on anything! I like your enthusiasm P88 but I don't think this game gets even close to a running clock. I think it'll be close for a half, maybe even 3 qtrs, mayfield puts it away in the 4th. Hope your right tho.

This game starts out as a slugfest with Mayfield flexing their muscles and showing why the state championship runs through Mayfield. Mayfield 31 to 10

Mayfield needs to stop Vonn Williams and Nick Mills. These two players seem to be the Aces go to guys. I'm pretty sure both of these players was hurt in last year's game and was unable to finish. I like this match up with our athletes.

I think that OC didn't meet their own (or others) expectations this year, but here they are in the third round with another ballgame to play, so the past is irrelevant. They might not be as good as the last two years, but I have a feeling they will be hungry and give Mayfield all they want.

 

I have seen Mayfield play a handful of games this year. From my perspective, they aren't physical enough to win it all. They don't run the ball very well (at least not like they did during their insane 4 peat stretch), and they don't tackle very well either. I see this as their downfall. The only exception is #16. He does it all, and is a MVP player that is the lifeblood of the team. I don't think OC has the horses to hang with Mayfield for 4 quarters. Somebody already predicted 35-21. I think a two touchdown game sounds about right.

I think that OC didn't meet their own (or others) expectations this year, but here they are in the third round with another ballgame to play, so the past is irrelevant. They might not be as good as the last two years, but I have a feeling they will be hungry and give Mayfield all they want.

 

I have seen Mayfield play a handful of games this year. From my perspective, they aren't physical enough to win it all. They don't run the ball very well (at least not like they did during their insane 4 peat stretch), and they don't tackle very well either. I see this as their downfall. The only exception is #16. He does it all, and is a MVP player that is the lifeblood of the team. I don't think OC has the horses to hang with Mayfield for 4 quarters. Somebody already predicted 35-21. I think a two touchdown game sounds about right.

 

With all of that being said our team is super young. I love our team going forward. Go Cards

Edited by dt812005
Gram

I think Rambo might be in the penalty box too. The last two years Trajon Bright took over this game in the 4th quarter. Does Mayfield have a running back like that this year? I figured with their oline returning they would have some more rushing #s . Looks like they dont have a dominant back like years past.

OC had some unrealistic expectations IMO. They lost their whole oline and 8 starters on defense. They started off with a tough schedule and these losses showed their inexperience in spots. They have gotten better since and hopefully come to play on Friday. Also this might be the first week all year that all their skill kids are healthy on the offensive side. They are going to need all the help they can get.

I don’t think OC’s 2 playmakers are any better than the 3 at Caldwell. I feel like Caldwell’s defense is better than OC’s and you saw what we did to Caldwell. OC is tired of us putting them out in the 3rd round since we joined 2A so there is no doubt they will come out fired up and ready to play but I think they will eventually see it will be a tough task to knock us out at home.

 

As mentioned above in another post, I don’t think this game will be as competitive as the 2 previous meetings and it will be lopsided but, that’s my opinion.

 

I think our Redbirds are playing good sound football right now and won’t have any trouble advancing to the final four.

I think Rambo might be in the penalty box too. The last two years Trajon Bright took over this game in the 4th quarter. Does Mayfield have a running back like that this year? I figured with their oline returning they would have some more rushing #s . Looks like they dont have a dominant back like years past.

 

Our running back has been banged up half the season so that has been done by committee. That Murray game last friday told me all I needed to know. May scored 42 pts in a half against Murray it took of 3 almost 4 to score 40.

Mama said Mayfield by 35.

If Mayfield gets out to a hot start this game will be over by the 1st quarter.

I expect Mayfield to flex their muscles and this game to be in hand by half time.

This is the time of year where Mayfield gets hungry and eat they will.

Mama says they will.

Forecast was for steady rain. Today it’s dropped down to maybe a 10 percent chance with a low of 55. Should make for a great football atmosphere. Cards by 21

Since this thread is getting a little stale I'll comment on these...

 

Owensboro Catholic has more than 2 play makers. It is still to be seen if one will play this Friday or not. Also, I think Owensboro Catholic's defense has been playing pretty well of late. I seriously doubt Mayfield puts up points on OC defense like they did Caldwell. I know of late of Mayfield fan's are feeling pretty confident on this game but if OC comes to play it could be a long nervous night at War Memorial!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.