USC/ Notre Dame Predictions

GrantNKY

Who wins?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I believe that this game will come down to whether or not Notre Dame can run the ball. In there 5 wins this year the Irish have rushed for an average of 359 yards per game. Against Georgia they were held to 55 yards rushing.

Hopefully Wimbush will be able to play (I've not seen any updates other than the fact that he sat out the last game) but he's only throwing for 157 yards a game and has only 6 passing TDs in 5 games. As an Irish fan I want to believe that those meager passing stats are mainly a byproduct of running the ball so well and thus not having to drop back very often, but when Georgia shut down the ND rushing attack the Irish weren't able to do much in the air either.

This is a game Notre Dame really needs to win and unfortunately the type of game that they have been prone to lose more often than not over the last few seasons.

I believe that this game will come down to whether or not Notre Dame can run the ball. In there 5 wins this year the Irish have rushed for an average of 359 yards per game. Against Georgia they were held to 55 yards rushing.

Hopefully Wimbush will be able to play (I've not seen any updates other than the fact that he sat out the last game) but he's only throwing for 157 yards a game and has only 6 passing TDs in 5 games. As an Irish fan I want to believe that those meager passing stats are mainly a byproduct of running the ball so well and thus not having to drop back very often, but when Georgia shut down the ND rushing attack the Irish weren't able to do much in the air either.

This is a game Notre Dame really needs to win and unfortunately the type of game that they have been prone to lose more often than not over the last few seasons.

I think ND makes it known when Wimbush is out there that the only reason he is passing at all is simply to keep the defense honest. They are a run first team without a doubt and if it does get slowed down they have a hard time scoring points. That's why I don't see them getting past this schedule unscathed. Wimbush will have to throw against NC State and Stanford. They will shut the run game down completely. I don't think it will be enough for Wimbush to just not turn the ball over against these good teams, he'll have to make some plays with his arm and he hasn't really shown the ability to consistently do that yet. They'll be in every game, but when you can't blow people away offensively you will have a lot of close games and it's tough to have the chips fall your way every close game.