Highlands 47 Dixie Heights 0

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Birds. Nice to see #1 out there flying around the field. I believe he caused a fumble in his first defensive play from scrimmage this year.

Dixie needs help as they really didn't seem to put up much of a fight. I was very impressed though with their Soph QB Jeremy Adams. He has a nice arm and stayed in the pocket taking some big shots. He is a strong nucleus the Colonels can build around offensively as they finish the year and look at next season.

HHS has improved a lot since Week 0.

They have shed the conservative offensive philosophy. They have gotten healthy at running back and settled in to the 2 man rotation. They have taken advantage of match-ups outside and gotten the ball to playmakers like Venneman, Cramer, and Wogan.

Defensively the Birds have done a nice job of adjusting to their opponents strengths. The bye week was well placed to help with the health of the LB corp. Last night M. Schwalbach, Huddleston, and Sparks were back in action. All had an impact on the overall performance of the unit.

Earning that home playoff game and the opposing 3rd seed for the playoffs was huge. Pushes a potential second match-up with the Blue Colonels to week 3 of the playoffs.

Wow Huddy really is the centerpiece of that defense. He gets downhill fast to the ball. I will say this is an example of one guy making a big difference on one side of the ball.

Wow Huddy really is the centerpiece of that defense. He gets downhill fast to the ball. I will say this is an example of one guy making a big difference on one side of the ball.

Huddy is a special player that will anchor this defense for the next few years. Great to see him back.

Imagine the difference he could have made last year if he would have ................. oh nevermind.