Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Danville Christian Academy (DCA) joins KHSAA

Featured Replies

Danville Christian Academy has been approved to join the khsaa. Which brings another boys & girls basketball team to the mix. Not sure if they will be in the 45th district or if they will play a full district round robin schedule. They have fielded a team for the several years now as a member of the KCAA I think it’s called and had decent success there. I know the khsaa is a different level but am glad to see a new program in our area!

Joining the KHSAA doesn't necessarily mean they'll participate in all sports or play in the postseason. I would imagine they'd be placed as the sixth team in the 45th District for basketball, baseball/softball, soccer, etc.

Are they the Danville Christian Academy Warriors?

Are they the Danville Christian Academy Warriors?

 

Yes. Knowing them pretty well and having played against them for several years, this is a head scratcher for me. But good luck to them.

Yes. Knowing them pretty well and having played against them for several years, this is a head scratcher for me. But good luck to them.

 

I'd imagine the move is for their kids to participate in the "individual" sports like track, cross country, archery, bowling, maybe swimming, and perhaps a few other sports. It will also allow them to play against KSD (right across town) and a few other very small schools. I would be floored if they participate in 45th District basketball with Boyle, Danville, Lincoln, and Garrard.

I'd imagine the move is for their kids to participate in the "individual" sports like track, cross country, archery, bowling, maybe swimming, and perhaps a few other sports. It will also allow them to play against KSD (right across town) and a few other very small schools. I would be floored if they participate in 45th District basketball with Boyle, Danville, Lincoln, and Garrard.

 

 

They have been doing that for several years now I believe anyway (just looked at their past schedule, haven't done it the past couple of years but did it for at least 3 years in a row). KSD must have gotten a special waiver or maybe they do it and don't worry about it, I don't know.

They have been doing that for several years now I believe anyway (just looked at their past schedule, haven't done it the past couple of years but did it for at least 3 years in a row). KSD must have gotten a special waiver or maybe they do it and don't worry about it, I don't know.

 

The KHSAA granted KSD a special waiver to play DCA and Somerset Christian a few years back but haven't for awhile (as you said). Now they'll be able to play.

Many Small schools feel by joining KHSAA it will keep their athletes happy and they wont jump ship to the public schools. This is why DCA is making this move. It has nothing to do with Competition as they have struggled to be competitive in just about every sport in the KCAA. They had recent success in girls basketball but lost a lot of girls to the public school system. Good Luck to them

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.