Cincinnati Bearcats 2017-2018 Schedule

ManOfTroy

You think there is some formula that NKU is not trying that they can learn from UC to draw better? So, then UC should take notes from UK on how to draw 23,000?

If UC had an arena that can hold 23,000 and they are coming way short of that capacity, yes. Which is why NKU should take notes from UC if UC is filling up the NKU arena while NKU is not. Make sense now?

If UC had an arena that can hold 23,000 and they are coming way short of that capacity, yes. Which is why NKU should take notes from UC if UC is filling up the NKU arena while NKU is not. Make sense now?

No, not at all. By your theory, everyone should just build a 23,000 seat arena and copy what UK does and they'll all fill their arena. That's not how it works. UC can't draw 23,000 just like NKU can't draw 9,000. They shouldn't be expected to--they are a second year DI program and a 50 year-old university.

No, not at all. By your theory, everyone should just build a 23,000 seat arena and copy what UK does and they'll all fill their arena. That's not how it works. UC can't draw 23,000 just like NKU can't draw 9,000. They shouldn't be expected to--they are a second year DI program and a 50 year-old university.

Sigh. Not sure how you came up with that reasoning and why UK was even brought into the picture. If NKU can fill more than half of their arena on average they would be improving.

Sigh. Not sure how you came up with that reasoning and why UK was even brought into the picture. If NKU can fill more than half of their arena on average they would be improving.

Maybe I just misunderstood you. There is nothing to be learned from UC. NKU can't draw like UC, just like UC can't draw like UK. NKU will see a huge jump in attendance based on last year's success.

• 2 months later...
Maybe I just misunderstood you. There is nothing to be learned from UC. NKU can't draw like UC, just like UC can't draw like UK. NKU will see a huge jump in attendance based on last year's success.

So far this year, NKU attendance is dreadful. Biggest crowd was just over 4K to see the Norse play Morehead State on a Saturday in the 9,400-seat BB&T Arena. UC just attracted almost 6K on a Tuesday for a game against Arkansas-Pine Bluff. I don't see things improving any for NKU when the conference portion of the season begins.

So far this year, NKU attendance is dreadful. Biggest crowd was just over 4K to see the Norse play Morehead State on a Saturday in the 9,400-seat BB&T Arena. UC just attracted almost 6K on a Tuesday for a game against Arkansas-Pine Bluff. I don't see things improving any for NKU when the conference portion of the season begins.

I'm sorry you're clueless about college basketball and attendance.

Maybe NKU can take notes from UC on how to draw a decent crowd to their own arena.

There is no notes to take from UC. UC actually has a fan base. Right now students who go to NKU. Didn't grow up rooting for NKU. They grew up rooting for big school's in the area they seen on t.v. in UK, UC, Xavier. So nku doesn't have a fan base built up like UC. Nku fan base is fans who's favorite team is not nku, because no one grew up watching division 2 nku.

So there are zero notes nku can take from UC, because NKu could do exactly what UC would do with tickets and it wouldn't change. Unless NKU becomes a big time mid major like a Butler eventually became in Indiana. It's not going to ever have this huge following who says yes let's go watch our favorite team the NKU Norse play.