6A #1 Trinity vs. Champagnat Catholic (FL)

thsrocks

Trinity vs. Champagnat Cathoilc: Who wins and why?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Trinity vs. Champagnat Cathoilc: Who wins and why?

From Trinity website:

As of Tuesday morning, the folks at Champagnat Catholic remain hopeful that they will be able to travel to Kentucky later this week for our varsity football game at Trinity on Friday evening. We hope to confirm the game later on Tuesday or on Wednesday morning.

There are a couple of items that Champagnat must still work through (including the reopening of the Ft. Lauderdale International Airport) as they bring their faculty, staff, coaches and students back together and try to reestablish their daily routines after such a devastating event (their school community has not been together since last Wednesday).

We will keep everyone apprised as this decision process continues to unfold.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really doubt this game will be played and to be honest it probably shouldn't be. I imagine the last thing on those kids minds at the moment is this football game.
My feeling is it is the opposite. The Lions want to play football and get away from mops, brooms, water, debris-an escape from the large cleanup effort.

Would not be a bad thing for the Rocks to have a bye week. They are beat up, up front. When the Trinity AD schedules such a brutal schedule in the future, build in a bye week. I hope the Florida players are safe, and their families come through this storm relatively unscathed.

Like I have guessed before...you are obviously not a Trinity fan.

If so you would know this schedule is perfect for what coach Beatty likes; tough opening weeks and bye week in the end.

For the record, I know one of the assistant coaches from past.

They only have 46 players on the roster but 12 have offers and only one of those 12 likely will not play Division I football. One kid who will likely go to Valdosta State.

Best player is Miami commit Gregory Rousseau, DE, 6-6, 225

Other top kids:

Kayode Oladele. -DE - 6-4, 235 (Florida State, Auburn, Ole Miss, Georgia, Tennessee)

Donovan Georges, LB, 6-0, 230 (17 offers, including Louisville and Miami)

Jesus Machado, OLB, 6-1, 205 (a 2020 kid with nine offers already)

I hope the game is played.

More from Trinity website:

Visitors and fans at Trinity’s game this Friday against Champagnat Catholic High School (FL) are asked to make monetary donations as they enter the stadium. These donations will be added to special collections this coming Sunday in Louisville parishes. All donations will be sent to Catholic Charities for hurricane relief efforts. Checks will be accepted and should be made out to Archdiocese of Louisville with “2017 Hurricane Irma collection” in the memo line.

I had a good feeling this game was going on as planned, regardless of opinions.

These kids from Florida need normalcy in their lives. The school administrators know that. There are things happening in their community that they can't control. This is an opportunity for them to let go of that for a few days, do what they love, and have some enjoyment back.

The Trinity community is empathetic, and welcoming this program to the campus and Marshall Stadium with open arms. This will not be anything like when other teams visit. If you can be there, you'll witness more than a football game, I promise.