September 1, 20179 yr The NAM 3km model is showing 3.2 inches through 11 am EDT Saturday morning. The other NAM is showing upwards to 4 inches. Dang...
September 1, 20179 yr Author The National Weather Service in Louisville has issued a * Flood Warning for... Northern Logan County in central Kentucky... Butler County in south central Kentucky... Grayson County in central Kentucky... Warren County in south central Kentucky... Ohio County in central Kentucky... Edmonson County in south central Kentucky... * Until 130 PM CDT Friday * At 723 AM CDT, local law enforcement reported heavy rain has caused high water closing many roads in northern Logan and Warren counties. Continued rain in Butler, Edmonson, Grayson, and Ohio counties is expected to create flooding problems soon. The Flood Warning will replace the Flash Flood Warning. * Some locations that will experience flooding include... Bowling Green, Leitchfield, Hartford, Morgantown, Brownsville, Plum Springs, Memphis Junction, Mount Victor, Crestmoor and Anderson. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles.
September 1, 20179 yr Rain fall totals as of 7 am this morning from Warren County. [ATTACH=CONFIG]63546[/ATTACH] It's been raining steadily here in Louisville since I got up at 6:45. It comes down a little more on the heavy side of things every once in a while. If it stays like this, it's DEFINITELY going to be miserable for anyone games scheduled to be played on a grass field tomorrow.
September 1, 20179 yr Author It's been raining steadily here in Louisville since I got up at 6:45. It comes down a little more on the heavy side of things every once in a while. If it stays like this, it's DEFINITELY going to be miserable for anyone games scheduled to be played on a grass field tomorrow. Rainfall totals for Jefferson County through 7 am this morning. Louisville is looking at maybe another 1-2" by this evening.
September 1, 20179 yr Rainfall totals for Jefferson County through 7 am this morning. Louisville is looking at maybe another 1-2" by this evening. [ATTACH=CONFIG]63547[/ATTACH] My office is a little south of where it's showing 0.18" ...that figure has definitely bumped up since 7:00 this morning. I remember when Katrina came through back in 2005. I was building houses then. The rain we got in Kentucky from a hurricane in Louisiana caused enough problems and headaches for me...I can only imagine what it was like down there.
September 1, 20179 yr WDRB just tweeted this...these are current rain accumulation totals for Jefferson County.
September 1, 20179 yr Also per WDRB, Hogdenville in LaRue County had already gotten 4.7" of rain as of 2 hours ago (12:30pm EST).
September 1, 20179 yr Author nWo, do you think most of the heavy stuff will stay west of eastern Kentucky? I think it will mainly be 1-2 inches from around I-64 northward for EKY.
September 2, 20179 yr Author 48-hour rainfall totals as of 8:30 Friday 8/1/17. http://www.weather.gov/media/lmk/pdf/harvey_aug31_2017/RainfallReports_830PM.pdf
September 2, 20179 yr nWo is good at what he does. Forecast very accurate. I guess is we had around an inch of rain where I live in Owsley. Had several heavy rounds of rain early Friday morning and a couple of 20 minute downpours Friday afternoon. Other than that it was mostly occasional light rain. All the big stuff stayed far west of us.
September 2, 20179 yr Author nWo is good at what he does. Forecast very accurate. I guess is we had around an inch of rain where I live in Owsley. Had several heavy rounds of rain early Friday morning and a couple of 20 minute downpours Friday afternoon. Other than that it was mostly occasional light rain. All the big stuff stayed far west of us. Thanks for the compliment. Keep your eye on Tuesday. Your area may get 1-2 inches of rain from showers and maybe strong thunderstorms. Don't see anything really severe yet.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.