2017 Highlands Preview

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know anything about Moeller soccer, but HHS JV won 2 to 1 and Varsity was up 2 to 0 when I left near halftime

Saw a comment on Twitter about a tough loss to Moeller, but it didn't give the final score.

Muck for NCC is a D1 level commit. Had around 15 goals and 12 assists last year (don't quote me). He is the premier offensive player in the 9th this year IMO. Not many NCC fans in the soccer thread, maybe I need to be their voice this year.

Good call. I forgot about Muck. Very nice offensive player.

Saw a comment on Twitter about a tough loss to Moeller, but it didn't give the final score.

Final score was 4-2. I looked at Moeller's schedule. This was their 2nd scrimmage and they did 4 team camps in the offseason. Do they not have dead period in Ohio?

Final score was 4-2. I looked at Moeller's schedule. This was their 2nd scrimmage and they did 4 team camps in the offseason. Do they not have dead period in Ohio?

I'd think there is some sort of dead period in Ohio but don't know details.

OH also has different rules when it comes to number of games. They are allowed 5 scrimmages but only 16-17 regular season games.

I mentioned it may be premature to say there are "no standout offensive players in NKY this season." Same patience is also needed before anyone says the opposite. Last yr is a thing of the past, new season doesn't start until Monday. Might want to wait until late September/early Oct before someone starts that old "Top 100 players in NKY" list.

OH also has different rules when it comes to number of games. They are allowed 5 scrimmages but only 16-17 regular season games.

I mentioned it may be premature to say there are "no standout offensive players in NKY this season." Same patience is also needed before anyone says the opposite. Last yr is a thing of the past, new season doesn't start until Monday. Might want to wait until late September/early Oct before someone starts that old "Top 100 players in NKY" list.

I based my comment (no standout offensive players) on seeing 6-7 soccerama matches and more so on who I'd seen last year that is coming back this year. There were several last year (Snow, Lamb, etc) and I see nobody of that quality this year. Not an insult, just my opinion and as always, when people are posting stats later this year to back up who they consider a great offensive player, consider the competition first.

I based my comment (no standout offensive players) on seeing 6-7 soccerama matches and more so on who I'd seen last year that is coming back this year. There were several last year (Snow, Lamb, etc) and I see nobody of that quality this year. Not an insult, just my opinion and as always, when people are posting stats later this year to back up who they consider a great offensive player, consider the competition first.

Completely agree. Impact players are ones that make an impact in big time games. Scoring 4 or 5 goals in a 9-0 blowout is not a lot to write home about.

Just staying consistent and fair to all of the players. IMO every yr is a new yr, that's part of the beauty of HS sports. Players should not be judged on last yr or a few early games, especially teams starting out with weak opponents. Players should be judged over the length of the season and how they perform against the top teams. In 20 yrs I've seen a number of unheralded juniors make a huge impact their senior yr and good juniors come into their senior yr with big reputations not live up to it.

I believe most on this board oppose that rule for KY, but I, for one, love it.

Why? This rule makes no sense at all to me.

I wish KY would adjust the season length. It is way too short with too many games. For an organization that says they are about the kids, that is not in the best interests of the players. The dead period or start of fall sports should also be adjusted.

Why? This rule makes no sense at all to me.

I wish KY would adjust the season length. It is way too short with too many games. For an organization that says they are about the kids, that is not in the best interests of the players. The dead period or start of fall sports should also be adjusted.

I agree, how does a high school association get to regulate what players do in their free time.

Further when we are talking about school teams, which are often formed based on where a player lives based on districts, how do you tell a kid forced to go to a school that they can't play because, while they are in the top 6 overall they aren't in the top 5 of players that play for their club?