Linkin Park Singer Chester Bennington Commits Suicide

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.

Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.

TMZ

My favorite band growing up. Saw them twice back in 2008. Had great seats for their show at Riverbed next month on my girlfriends birthday. Was listening to them while at the gym yesterday when I heard the news, I still can't believe it. So sad. He was an incredible singer, he and the band are involved in so many charities. Many of his lyrics going all the way back to their first albums to their new one this summer paint a picture of the sadness he must of felt throughout his life. His music gave many people a way to express those same feelings and probably saved some from the same tragic fate. RIP

i can't express how much I hate this type of comment to someone committing suicide. Just ignorant.

I stand by my original statement. You can hate and call me ignorant, which is what you think and how you feel, all acceptable. I think and feel it's selfish and cowardly.

I stand by my original statement. You can hate and call me ignorant, which is what you think and how you feel, all acceptable. I think and feel it's selfish and cowardly.

I got what you meant in your original post. I agree with you to an extent. The exception I would have is for someone who is very ill (terminal in a sense), if they dont want to sufficer, that should be their choice.

I'm not saying you are ignorant, I don't know you so no clue about you. I am however saying your comment is ignorant. You have no clue what someone who does this could be going through or living with every day. Mental illness, depression, addiction, maybe worse. To call someone selfish or cowardly in that situation is ignorant.