Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Black Lives Matter will be protesting the at FCC Game

Featured Replies

Black Lives Matter plans to protest at FC Cincinnati game Wednesday - WCPO Cincinnati, OH

 

I sure hope that everything remains calm and safe on and around UC's Campus during the FCC match tomorrow night. FCC will be taking on the Chicago Fire in a ESPN televised game.

 

Should be a great time to highlight the success of this young franchise. Sure hope it remains just that.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Black Lives Matter plans to protest at FC Cincinnati game Wednesday - WCPO Cincinnati, OH

 

I sure hope that everything remains calm and safe on and around UC's Campus during the FCC match tomorrow night. FCC will be taking on the Chicago Fire in a ESPN televised game.

 

Should be a great time to highlight the success of this young franchise. Sure hope it remains just that.

 

That will definitely keep me away.

  • Author
That will definitely keep me away.

 

As a fan, I don't think I would stay away from what could be such a fun night. Just keep my distance, head down, and get into Nippert to enjoy the game.

 

As a beer vendor, I just need to get back to my car. I will be there well before they're calling for people to gather, I think, and hoping it will have died down by the time I usually leave (about an hour after the game ends).

  • Author

The list of groups hosting the protest is interesting. So many socialist groups:

 

The event is hosted by Cincinnati Socialist Students, Cincinnati Socialist Alternative, McMicken FreeSpace, Democratic Socialists of Metro Cincinnati, Greater Cincinnati Coalition for the Homeless, Students for Survivors. Peaslee Neighborhood Center, BLVCK SEEDS and the AMOS Project in addition to Black Lives Matter Cincinnati.

That will definitely keep me away.

 

Why? What wrong with a peaceful protest?

  • Author
Why? What wrong with a peaceful protest?

 

Guessing @theguru doesn't believe it will remain that way. I have my doubts too. But the FCC crowds are much better than say a UC Football or Bengals game probably is.

 

Assuming there will be a much more heightened level of security.

As a fan, I don't think I would stay away from what could be such a fun night. Just keep my distance, head down, and get into Nippert to enjoy the game.

 

As a beer vendor, I just need to get back to my car. I will be there well before they're calling for people to gather, I think, and hoping it will have died down by the time I usually leave (about an hour after the game ends).

 

Know where you are vending tomorrow? I'll be in attendance for my first ever FCC game.

Why? What wrong with a peaceful protest?

 

A whole bunch of reasons but mainly because I go to events like FC Cincy to enjoy the atmosphere.

 

Or put another way, I have no desire to hear about politics or race relations at a Soccer game.

  • Author
Know where you are vending tomorrow? I'll be in attendance for my first ever FCC game.

 

At FCC games I always work on the West Side of the stadium. Basically when in the Bailey, the side to your right. As far as sections go, I'm all over the side, usually closer to the Family section (opposite side of Bailey) but hard to tell.

 

Gonna be crazy. Hope you have a blast.

The list of groups hosting the protest is interesting. So many socialist groups:

 

The event is hosted by Cincinnati Socialist Students, Cincinnati Socialist Alternative, McMicken FreeSpace, Democratic Socialists of Metro Cincinnati, Greater Cincinnati Coalition for the Homeless, Students for Survivors. Peaslee Neighborhood Center, BLVCK SEEDS and the AMOS Project in addition to Black Lives Matter Cincinnati.

 

Read any list of sponsoring groups for most the left leaning protest normally always a good amount of socialist or communist groups involved. I personally will never support an event that gives those groups a voice.

Why? What wrong with a peaceful protest?

 

When socialist groups are involved the anarchist aren't to far behind.

At FCC games I always work on the West Side of the stadium. Basically when in the Bailey, the side to your right. As far as sections go, I'm all over the side, usually closer to the Family section (opposite side of Bailey) but hard to tell.

 

Gonna be crazy. Hope you have a blast.

 

Just curious...what do you mean by "In the Bailey" when referring to Nippert? I haven't been there for any events, yet while on campus I took a good look to observe the new additions to the stadium, yet I'm perplexed by what "the Bailey" is. :idunno:

At FCC games I always work on the West Side of the stadium. Basically when in the Bailey, the side to your right. As far as sections go, I'm all over the side, usually closer to the Family section (opposite side of Bailey) but hard to tell.

 

Gonna be crazy. Hope you have a blast.

 

I'll be on the opposite side of you it sounds like. We'll be in section 105. But I'll keep an eye out for you.

Just curious...what do you mean by "In the Bailey" when referring to Nippert? I haven't been there for any events, yet while on campus I took a good look to observe the new additions to the stadium, yet I'm perplexed by what "the Bailey" is. :idunno:

 

The Bailey is the five sections at the north end of the stadium. From what I understand it's like a student section on steroids without the students. It's where large portions of the FC Cincinnati supporter groups have tickets during the game.

 

It details it more here Cincinnati, Ohio: Soccer City USA - U.S. Soccer

The Bailey is the five sections at the north end of the stadium. From what I understand it's like a student section on steroids without the students. It's where large portions of the FC Cincinnati supporter groups have tickets during the game.

 

It details it more here Cincinnati, Ohio: Soccer City USA - U.S. Soccer

 

Cool...thanks. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.