Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Letcher Central

Featured Replies

Wow, didnt see that coming. Anyone word on whose in the running?

He did so for family reasons.

 

Thanks for posting that. I was wondering.

Names I've heard being thrown around. Winston Lee, Brian Johnson, Danny Bates, and John Walker.

Names I've heard being thrown around. Winston Lee, Brian Johnson, Danny Bates, and John Walker.

 

Not sure I recognize any of them

Not sure I recognize any of them

Winston Lee - Assistant at Letcher

Brian Johnson - Former Jenkins coach

Danny Bates - Former Whitesburg Coach

John Walker - South Laurel Girls coach (former Hazard boys assistant)

Winston Lee - Assistant at Letcher

Brian Johnson - Former Jenkins coach

Danny Bates - Former Whitesburg Coach

John Walker - South Laurel Girls coach (former Hazard boys assistant)

 

Ahhh ok. I remember Walker and Johnson now. Don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting Bates. Don't know Lee at all.

Names I've heard being thrown around. Winston Lee, Brian Johnson, Danny Bates, and John Walker.

Is Bates the son of the coach by the same name who coached old Letcher High back in the '70's and '80's?

Is Bates the son of the coach by the same name who coached old Letcher High back in the '70's and '80's?

 

No clue, only information I know on Bates is that he coached Whitesburg High School in the early 2000's. I would believe Johnson and Walker are the front runners.

Johnson is a fine young man who now works in the Central Office. If he is smart he'll forget basketball and remember that the one thing that will get you into trouble quicker than anything is PT.

Lee and walker are top two candidates from what I am hearing. With Lee as the front runner.

Any news on this opening?

Winston Lee named Head Coach. Lee has been with the Cougar program the last couple years as an assistant under Hammonds. If im not mistaking, he was also a teacher at the high schoool.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.