Open Job: Beechwood

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A name that I'd like to throw out there is Danny Roller. Has coached at Conner, Boone Cty and Notre Dame. He has also coached AAU. Very knowledgeable and girls enjoy playing for him. If Danny is interested I think he would do a great job at Bee hwood.

Agreed

The poor softball team is in shambles too. Those coaches are doing everything possible to hold that together. Are there just not a lot of females going to Beechwood that are interested in sports any longer? That's just a question. Not a knock. And it's perfectly fine for them not to be. Just seems odd for Beechwood. Again, not a knock, just different.

I know this is a bball thread but i have a question...do you think that the switch that was made from slow pitch to fast pitch has anything to do with the decline in participation?

I know this is a bball thread but i have a question...do you think that the switch that was made from slow pitch to fast pitch has anything to do with the decline in participation?

As someone who sees it on a daily basis, my answer is no.

One of the things people do not realize is that Beechwood is absolutely landlocked with no change in sight. There is a set pool of kids in the school, and a set number of kids who participate in sports. That isn't going to change. That pool will not get larger (or smaller).

That thought added in with a track program that has been on its way up since 2010. Club Volleyball, Soccer additional in school commitments--there is just are not a ton of athletes left over. The girls involved work hard, and they do a good job, and they will achieve cyclical success as the program continues to evolve.

There is another factor involved (with Beechwood- not necessarily regarding softball) that will play havoc on all sports if things continue in the current direction. Which I am not going to talk about with the thought that, hopefully, things change before it is at the point where it needs to be addressed out in the open).

There is another factor involved (with Beechwood- not necessarily regarding softball) that will play havoc on all sports if things continue in the current direction. Which I am not going to talk about with the thought that, hopefully, things change before it is at the point where it needs to be addressed out in the open).

If you're not going to elaborate then what is the point in bringing it up at all? When you do that you leave people to simply wonder. Wondering leads to the rumors and can cause damage.

If you're not going to elaborate then what is the point in bringing it up at all? When you do that you leave people to simply wonder. Wondering leads to the rumors and can cause damage.

I put some thought into the post before I made it. I understand your point and you are probably right. It is important to note that the first post of this thread points out some interesting "changes" that just seemed to disappear from conversation. I agree that that does not make my point any more valid. However, someone pointed something out that needs discussion and this was my way of letting that person know that others know what is up.

I put some thought into the post before I made it. I understand your point and you are probably right. It is important to note that the first post of this thread points out some interesting "changes" that just seemed to disappear from conversation. I agree that that does not make my point any more valid. However, someone pointed something out that needs discussion and this was my way of letting that person know that others know what is up.

:laugh:

In honest fun, go back and read that to yourself and see if it makes any sense. :)

:laugh:

In honest fun, go back and read that to yourself and see if it makes any sense. :)

Trust me, I know what you mean! But it makes sense to me and a "few" others. Too bad this forum doesn't have a "I like to sound confusing but a lot of people get it" forum. Sorry about that!

I totally get where you are coming from QS. Interestingly, my initial post on this thread was prior to Bobby Mullins departing as baseball coach.

As someone who sees it on a daily basis, my answer is no.

One of the things people do not realize is that Beechwood is absolutely landlocked with no change in sight. There is a set pool of kids in the school, and a set number of kids who participate in sports. That isn't going to change. That pool will not get larger (or smaller).

That thought added in with a track program that has been on its way up since 2010. Club Volleyball, Soccer additional in school commitments--there is just are not a ton of athletes left over. The girls involved work hard, and they do a good job, and they will achieve cyclical success as the program continues to evolve.

Landlocked you say? True but isn't it interesting that their football team always seems to have a number of players from outside the "landlocked" area. Funny how that works out. Lol

Landlocked you say? True but isn't it interesting that their football team always seems to have a number of players from outside the "landlocked" area. Funny how that works out. Lol

Yeah--how many tuition kids have been in the program over the past 15 years? I would be willing to bet that the number is so low that you would try to question the validity.

The truth of the matter is that for a LONG time--football players have had to pass the same extremely difficult academic viability test that everyone else has (on average there has been less than 2 kids who have joined the football program as tuition students). There has been NO leeway at all. The old way has been over for years (since at least 2001 and more likely earlier). The truth of the matter is you better be one heck of a student if you are out of district (whether you play any sport or not).

So you can have an average of 2 a year (and it is actually less than 2 but I did you a favor and rounded up).

It certainly isn't an influential number that makes or breaks the program.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Repairing Broken Quote

Yeah--how many tuition kids have been in the program over the past 15 years? I would be willing to bet that the number is so low that you would try to question the validity.

The truth of the matter is that for a LONG time--football players have had to pass the same extremely difficult academic viability test that everyone else has (on average there has been less than 2 kids who have joined the football program as tuition students). There has been NO leeway at all. The old way has been over for years (since at least 2001 and more likely earlier). The truth of the matter is you better be one heck of a student if you are out of district (whether you play any sport or not).

So you can have an average of 2 a year (and it is actually less than 2 but I did you a favor and rounded up).

It certainly isn't an influential number that makes or breaks the program.

Ok quickslick I think you and I butted heads over this issue several years ago. Glad to see that prior to 2006 there may have been exceptions made for certain out of district football players. I ve waited for years for a Beechwood fan to come clean. As for currently you may well be right. Not looking for a fight so i will accept what you say about the past several years. I know yoi have deep Beecgwood ties abd i respect that. Anyway who got that girls basketball job.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Repairing Broken Quote