2017 Top Players on Defense in NKY

You mentioned Schlarman for Cooper but another name to keep an eye out for is Nick Myers from Cooper. He will be a 3 year starter his senior year and made the transition from OLB to DE mid way through the year last year and in 3 games I believe he had 4 sacks

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What schools?

I know for Derry, Louisville and Miami OH stopped in but not sure of the interest level. I do know that Adam Derry is around 6'2 260 right now going into his jr season and will be a handful to block. He has a bright future.

You mentioned Schlarman for Cooper but another name to keep an eye out for is Nick Myers from Cooper. He will be a 3 year starter his senior year and made the transition from OLB to DE mid way through the year last year and in 3 games I believe he had 4 sacks

Interesting move for Nick. He can play either position. He was dominant at DE in Pee Wee.

Keep an eye out for Walton Verona's Grant Grubbs (2019), 124 career tackles & 6 sacks, Colton Catlett (2018) 89 career tackles, 8 sacks, Tyler Schrader (2019) 68 tackles, 3 interceptions, Hunter Michael (2018) 57 tackles, 3 sacks & Kameron Pardee (2019) 51 tackles, 2.5 sacks.

Also Mason Smith (2018) 87 tackles (if he comes back from injury). Sleepers Micah Alford (2019), Logan Boone (2019), & Tyler Wagner (2019).

Keep an eye out for Walton Verona's Grant Grubbs (2019), 124 career tackles & 6 sacks, Colton Catlett (2018) 89 career tackles, 8 sacks, Tyler Schrader (2019) 68 tackles, 3 interceptions, Hunter Michael (2018) 57 tackles, 3 sacks & Kameron Pardee (2019) 51 tackles, 2.5 sacks.

Also Mason Smith (2018) 87 tackles (if he comes back from injury). Sleepers Micah Alford (2019), Logan Boone (2019), & Tyler Wagner (2019).

They should have a great season.

Interesting move for Nick. He can play either position. He was dominant at DE in Pee Wee.

Coaching staff decision last year. Needed to get more athletic at DE and Nick has a good frame on him, strong, and athletic and he really played well at that spot once he settled in

Does anyone what happened with Tyler Wagner? I thought he was a pretty solid player at both baseball and football. Wasn't he at Walton originally and then left to go to Beechwood and now he's back at Walton again?

So Hudlleston is going to be a top player on Highlands defense? Has he even played a snap of varsity football yet?

Yes he did. And yes he will be. He moved up from frosh after the season and played in the playoff game against doss.. I think he had about 4 tackles.. Not a bad showing for a freshman getting his first live action against some stud athletes..