Boys Soccer Village Cup / Presidents Cup / State Cup Brackets are out

Congrats!! When you win this event, do they make you move up to President's Cup the next year?

Nah, this is the end of the season for us. We will compete for the Commonwealth Cup in the Fall season. It's basically the same thing, just one happens after the Spring season and one happens after the Fall season. We will compete against some of the higher level/select teams in the Bluegrass State Games and Indoor in the Winter.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, this is the end of the season for us. We will compete for the Commonwealth Cup in the Fall season. It's basically the same thing, just one happens after the Spring season and one happens after the Fall season. We will compete against some of the higher level/select teams in the Bluegrass State Games and Indoor in the Winter.

What age group will your boys play in the Bluegrass Games?

KHA Grey goes 0-3. I couldn't be prouder of them. With their full team, they win their group going away. They were down Both CBs and central midfielder from CovCath (retreat week). That killed them b/c Brandenburg and Schroeder had turned into a great partnership. Losing Wessels killed them b/c he did it all for them. Team leader, leading scorer, set piece threat. They were also down their holding midfielder and glue of the team Phil Bright from Cov. Latin. On top of that they were missing their 3rd midfielder and starting right wing. They were able to pick up Nate Darpel at CB which was huge, but he sprained his ankle in the second half of the first game. They also picked up Jack Jordahl and he did a great job of combining in the midfield. 3 games in 3 days in 90+ degrees just wasn't sustainable for the minutes they all played. They gave what they had. I would also like to say that Elder is EXTREMELY lucky to have Tony Gray as their Varsity coach. He is awesome.

KHA Grey goes 0-3. I couldn't be prouder of them. With their full team, they win their group going away. They were down Both CBs and central midfielder from CovCath (retreat week). That killed them b/c Brandenburg and Schroeder had turned into a great partnership. Losing Wessels killed them b/c he did it all for them. Team leader, leading scorer, set piece threat. They were also down their holding midfielder and glue of the team Phil Bright from Cov. Latin. On top of that they were missing their 3rd midfielder and starting right wing. They were able to pick up Nate Darpel at CB which was huge, but he sprained his ankle in the second half of the first game. They also picked up Jack Jordahl and he did a great job of combining in the midfield. 3 games in 3 days in 90+ degrees just wasn't sustainable for the minutes they all played. They gave what they had. I would also like to say that Elder is EXTREMELY lucky to have Tony Gray as their Varsity coach. He is awesome.

Love this post.

Don't have enough people to play so we are going to miss this one. Good luck to your team though. I hope you win it.
Sorry to hear that, was looking forward to seeing you down there. Thanks Wireman, I appreciate that. We won the U12 Open Mixed division last year (13 for, 1 against), but I'm expecting a little tougher test for the boys this year. The year before we lost in the U10 Open Mixed Finals to LFC in PK's...our boys still talk about that game. Always a fun way for the boys to get together for a weekend over the summer and kick it around a little bit.

Sorry to hear that, was looking forward to seeing you down there. Thanks Wireman, I appreciate that. We won the U12 Open Mixed division last year (13 for, 1 against), but I'm expecting a little tougher test for the boys this year. The year before we lost in the U10 Open Mixed Finals to LFC in PK's...our boys still talk about that game. Always a fun way for the boys to get together for a weekend over the summer and kick it around a little bit.

I heard through the grapevine that a really good team from Mercer County will be playing there. They will be pretty solid

Sorry the results were not favorable Mex, as you know, it is not always about the points you earn. I am glad that you guys made the most of this experience by taking in a couple other events on your trip there. The places you visited, and the memories you made, will long out live the results they had on the field over the weekend.

Sorry the results were not favorable Mex, as you know, it is not always about the points you earn. I am glad that you guys made the most of this experience by taking in a couple other events on your trip there. The places you visited, and the memories you made, will long out live the results they had on the field over the weekend.

It was just Caymon and I and that was really special since we don't get much one-on-one time. We stayed in St. Louis Tuesday and watched a Cardinals game. Wed we went to Sporting KC's Open Cup match and he is now a fan of theirs for life. That was entertaining. He scored one goal in the second game and forced a penalty in the 3rd game that was converted. Those were the only two goals they scored. Their team was really a good unit. The team that won the weekend was the team they lost to 1-0 in the first game. Lou Fusz scored on a corner after Darpel went out. What could have been.

It was just Caymon and I and that was really special since we don't get much one-on-one time. We stayed in St. Louis Tuesday and watched a Cardinals game. Wed we went to Sporting KC's Open Cup match and he is now a fan of theirs for life. That was entertaining. He scored one goal in the second game and forced a penalty in the 3rd game that was converted. Those were the only two goals they scored. Their team was really a good unit. The team that won the weekend was the team they lost to 1-0 in the first game. Lou Fusz scored on a corner after Darpel went out. What could have been.

I saw your posts about your other stops you made, we did the same thing when we were there years ago. We also ventured across the road to the Speedway after visiting SKC's complex that year. Our matches are actually this weekend, SD is one of the few states I have not visited, I've heard that where we are going is really pretty... we will see.

I saw your posts about your other stops you made, we did the same thing when we were there years ago. We also ventured across the road to the Speedway after visiting SKC's complex that year. Our matches are actually this weekend, SD is one of the few states I have not visited, I heard that where we are going is really pretty... we will see.

I'm a huge history buff and the Lakota Sioux have always fascinated me. I would love to go to the Black Hills and see them. How far from the fields are they?

I saw your posts about your other stops you made, we did the same thing when we were there years ago. We also ventured across the road to the Speedway after visiting SKC's complex that year. Our matches are actually this weekend, SD is one of the few states I have not visited, I've heard that where we are going is really pretty... we will see.

Vermillion, SD is a really cool college town, the University of South Dakota is worth spending some time walking around. There used to be a pool hall there run by a guy that looked like Captain Lou Albano, if that place is still there, send your son to Mickey D's and you head in for some stick and some people watching.

Enjoy and good luck.