Boys Soccer Village Cup / Presidents Cup / State Cup Brackets are out

Good for them. U16 OHSouth State Cup is not an easy road to travel. CUP and OP are two very good teams in that age group. Will the KHA U16 blue team be playing KY State Cup or Presidents Cup?

They had to go President's cup

"had to go"

Is this due to timing of switching from OHSouth to KY?

Did the U16 blue hope to play in the KY State Cup instead of the President's Cup?

It appears KHA enters most if not all of their boys blue and grey teams in the President's Cup.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"had to go"

Is this due to timing of switching from OHSouth to KY?

Did the U16 blue hope to play in the KY State Cup instead of the President's Cup?

It appears KHA enters most if not all of their boys blue and grey teams in the President's Cup.

This is the first year for the grey level. This Blue group had been in the OH then KY state cups. Last year they went to President's Cup. I am under the impression that had they started as a KY team, then it would have been KPL and the State Cup.

• 2 weeks later...
Good luck to everyone this weekend, and safe travels.
In the upper division of U12 Boys, KHA Red won their group and advances to the Semi-Finals. NKSA Pro had 6 points, were runner-up in their group, and lost out on a Goal Differential tie-breaker (+2 to +3) to Falls City for the wildcard spot. Good luck to KHA Red in a few weeks in the semi-finals.

So I have a chance for my boys to play against each other in the President's Cup Final. That would be awesome.

Welp, one is through to the semis and one needs just a tie to advance. If that happens, then they will play each other with a finals birth on the line! Only bad part is one plays left wing in a 4-3-3 and one plays right back.

From a NKY soccer fan perspective there are some interesting matchups during pool play weekend in Bowling Green.

On Saturday the U19s have two good teams facing each other, KHA Red Vs NKSA Pro. High school teammates will be competing against one another in this one. For NKY fan this is a must see game. On Monday (U19) KHA Red Vs LFC White has the potential to be a massive game. It could be the game that decides who gets through and who doesn't as well as a potential preview of the U19s semi-final, winner of A Vs wildcard.

U18s have no NKY teams.

U17s see a limping (hit hard by injuries) KHA Red team in a 3 team bracket. Not an easy two games but they should advance.

NKSA Pro drew a tough opening game Vs LFC White. If NKSA can win this game they would have a great shot at advancing.

U16s have the NKSA Pro team competing.

U15s have KHA Red and NKSA Pro in different brackets.

U14s have KHA Red and NKSA Pro in the same C bracket, playing each other early Sunday morning.

U13s surprisingly have no KHA or NKSA team entered.

Good luck to all NKY teams this coming weekend.

U13s surprisingly have no KHA or NKSA team entered.

KHA Red at U13 is an Ohio team, and they are a HANDFUL. I think they would be the favorite in U13 for the state if they were eligible.

NKSA Pro at U13 played in President's Cup with so-so results. They aren't as strong, comparatively, as their U12 and U14 club-mates.

KHA Red at U13 is an Ohio team, and they are a HANDFUL. I think they would be the favorite in U13 for the state if they were eligible.

NKSA Pro at U13 played in President's Cup with so-so results. They aren't as strong, comparatively, as their U12 and U14 club-mates.

I'm not nearly attuned with the younger ages. Sounds like the U13 KHA Red team is off to a good start to their 11v11 career. How did they do in OHS State Cup?

How do the U14 KHA Red and NKSA Pro teams compare? How do you see the U14 C bracket playing out? As I mentioned about the U19s, when KHA and NKSA teams play each other in SC games it can make for a bit more interesting dynamics. Many of these kids (and parents) know each other, some may even be schoolmates, neighbors, or previous teammates, etc.

How do the U14 KHA Red and NKSA Pro teams compare? How do you see the U14 C bracket playing out? As I mentioned about the U19s, when KHA and NKSA teams play each other in SC games it can make for a bit more interesting dynamics. Many of these kids (and parents) know each other, some may even be schoolmates, neighbors, or previous teammates, etc.

U14 KHA Red is better than NKSA U14 PRO, but given all of the relationships and commonalities you speak of, I'm sure it will be a spirited match. I expect SKY to actually come out of the "C" group, in fact they recently beat KHA Red in KPL play. That is one of SKY's stronger teams, which at many levels, are a notch or three below the top teams.

In Ohio South State Cup, KHA Red U13 lost to Alliance Gold 2-0, and then Alliance Gold lost 1-0 to CUP Gold. CUP Gold went on to win the Championship over OP 4-2.