Boys Soccer Village Cup / Presidents Cup / State Cup Brackets are out

I'm a huge history buff and the Lakota Sioux have always fascinated me. I would love to go to the Black Hills and see them. How far from the fields are they?

We are actually staying in downtown Sioux Falls, the complex is just south of the city, I believe it is called Yankton Trail Park. Some have talked about driving to see the President's, it would make for a very long day trip.

Vermillion, SD is a really cool college town, the University of South Dakota is worth spending some time walking around. There used to be a pool hall there run by a guy that looked like Captain Lou Albano, if that place is still there, send your son to Mickey D's and you head in for some stick and some people watching.

Enjoy and good luck.

I would be more apt to visit Captain Lou, we'll be about an hour north of Vermillion. I won't speak of the trip to aforementioned son, he already thinks he is a pool player. I keep trying to convince him that they do not make left handed pool sticks.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are actually staying in downtown Sioux Falls, the complex is just south of the city, I believe it is called Yankton Trail Park. Some have talked about driving to see the President's, it would make for a very long day trip.

I would be more apt to visit Captain Lou, we'll be about an hour north of Vermillion. I won't speak of the trip to aforementioned son, he already thinks he is a pool player. I keep trying to convince him that they do not make left handed pool sticks.

When my soccer kid was about 5, he wantef a pool table for Christmas..because he was going to be a pool shark.... no idea where he heard the term. Occupation of pool shark is still a possibility if this whole soccer thing doesn't pan out.