Xavier's Trevon Bluiett Arrested

Walter

Alcohol doesn't kill people, idiots misusing alcohol kills people. Heaven forbid we make people responsible for their actions. Let's just blame the object or product instead of the person.

Woah back up, I never said not to make people responsible for their actions. I'm arguing that marijuana should remain illegal. People should be punished for having possession of marijuana because it's ILLEGAL. Stop just slapping kids on the wrist and saying bad, don't do it again and actually do something about it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah back up, I never said not to make people responsible for their actions. I'm arguing that marijuana should remain illegal. People should be punished for having possession of marijuana because it's ILLEGAL. Stop just slapping kids on the wrist and saying bad, don't do it again and actually do something about it.

Let me get this straight about your argument...

A person picks up a gun and goes and shoots and kills someone. Your stance is blame the person, not the gun.

A person drinks a case of beer, gets in a car and kills someone. Your stance is to blame the alcohol and call for it to be illegal.

That's contradictory...

So continue to crack down on a drug that doesn't kill people, instead of drugs that do kill people. Makes sense to me. Do you understand how much it costs just to incarcerate a person for just one night? It's insanely expensive. Our jails and prisons are already overrun with people on petty marijuana charges when the hard drug dealers are still on the streets because the cops are too busy with marijuana charges.

Let me get this straight about your argument...

A person picks up a gun and goes and shoots and kills someone. Your stance is blame the person, not the gun.

A person drinks a case of beer, gets in a car and kills someone. Your stance is to blame the alcohol and call for it to be illegal.

That's contradictory...

No I still blame the person, but once again the alcohol effects your thought process and body while the gun doesn't.

So continue to crack down on a drug that doesn't kill people, instead of drugs that do kill people. Makes sense to me. Do you understand how much it costs just to incarcerate a person for just one night? It's insanely expensive. Our jails and prisons are already overrun with people on petty marijuana charges when the hard drug dealers are still on the streets because the cops are too busy with marijuana charges.

I'm not saying throw them in jail, I'm saying make them do community service or something to actually benefit their community.

No I still blame the person, but once again the alcohol effects your thought process and body while the gun doesn't.

Their are definite psychological effects to having a gun in your hand. But just like alcohol it doesn't dictate your actions. I'd love to continue this subject in another thread if you'd like to start one in the controversial issues forum.

I'm not saying throw them in jail, I'm saying make them do community service or something to actually benefit their community.

That's not already happening? Most people consider community service as a slap on the wrist.

Their are definite psychological effects to having a gun in your hand. But just like alcohol it doesn't dictate your actions. I'd love to continue this subject in another thread if you'd like to start one in the controversial issues forum.

I've possessed a gun since I was 5 years old when my grandpa bought me a little BB Gun, and continue to hunt with other guns today and have not experienced any physiological effects. Not sure how owning a gun to use for hunting or self defense with a conceal carry license effects your brain but okay. Good day sir.

We really need to have a separation of drug charges and marijuana charges.

Umm no? Last time I checked Marijuana was and still is an illegal drug in majority of the states.

In KY the KRS(Kentucky Revised Statute) is for Possession of Marijuana, if the subject has a pipe or rolling papers etc, they could also be charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. So, atleast in KY, marijuana is seperate from most drugs.

I've possessed a gun since I was 5 years old when my grandpa bought me a little BB Gun, and continue to hunt with other guns today and have not experienced any physiological effects. Not sure how owning a gun to use for hunting or self defense with a conceal carry license effects your brain but okay. Good day sir.

Phsychological is different than physiological. But I don't think you understand how psychological effects work. You don't know they are happening.

In my community they charge you with it, take it away from you, and if you're a minor tell mommy and daddy and thats it.

Probably for a possession of a joint or something similar. But like I said please start a new thread.