• Steven Fromeyer
    • Terence Brooks
    • Jason Hinson
    • Mike Code
    • Matt Daniel
    • Patrick Kelsch
    • Keaton Belcher
    • Other

This got started in the thread of the 39th District Championship, so I thought it deserved a thread of its own..

If I were to rank them it'd be:

1. Buddy Biggs

2. Aric Russell

3. Josh Cook

4. Steven Fromeyer

5. Terence Brooks

6. Mike Code

7. Jason Hinson

8. Brian Kirk

9. Patrick Kelsch

10. Keaton Belcher

I have Buddy Biggs at #1 simply because you cannot argue with his results. He took a less than average Mason County team last year and won the Region and then took an even worse Mason County team this year and still won the 39th District and has them playing very well at the right time once again. Not to mention the success he had at Pendleton County.

Aric Russell to me is a close 2nd, his numbers don't lie either.

Josh Cook is doing really good things with a young GRC squad and had a great season last year at Mercer Co.

I don't know much about Fromeyer, but Scott is a very solid team and wouldn't be winning games without a decent coach.

Terence Brooks has transformed Paris from a team with a lot of talent but never produces results, to a 10th Region Championship type of team.

Mike Code should probably be higher, but the fact he's never been past the semi-finals of the 10th Region tournament hurts him.

Jason Hinson is a good coach, but people over hype him for someone who's only been to the semi-finals of the 10th Region once (Bach's senior year). This season has hurt him IMO.

Brian Kirk- lead Augusta to the 2016 10th Region Championship game while winning the 39th District. Yes it was already a well running machine, but you can't beat MoCo and Scott without good coaching.

Patrick Kelsch- one of the underrated coaches in the Region IMO. He has done a fantastic job with what talent and ability he does have at RCS.

Keaton Belcher- I really like Keaton, but the fact they lost to Harrison this year concerns me. I think if Michael Antrobus stays at Pendleton then he's a lot higher on this list and Pendleton probably has a 10th Region Championship under their belts.

Edited by Mike Baxter
Left someone off

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Mike Code

2. Buddy Biggs

3. Josh Cook

4. Aric Russell

5. Terrance Brooks

6. Jason Hinson

7. Patrick Kelsch

8. Keaton Belcher

9. Brian Kirk

10. Steve Fromeyer

Please do not get this thread of course (which it surely will). Ask why I put someone where and I will gladly explain why I think that.

1. Mike Code

2. Buddy Biggs

3. Josh Cook

4. Aric Russell

5. Terrance Brooks

6. Jason Hinson

7. Patrick Kelsch

8. Keaton Belcher

9. Brian Kirk

10. Steve Fromeyer

Please do not get this thread of course (which it surely will). Ask why I put someone where and I will gladly explain why I think that.

Just wondering how you have a guy who's never even been to a 10th Region Championship game above guys who have multiple Championships (Biggs and Russell).

Coach Belcher is 2-0 vs Coach Biggs. Find that interesting.

He learned from one of the best! I think Keaton will become a better coach as he gets a few more years under him. He knows his stuff and loves the game. You can't expect someone to be a great coach after only 2 years, and I think that goes for everyone. the people at the top of this list have been coaching for a decade or more.

When they played last season Pig Williams was in the middle of his two game suspension for getting ejected at Brossart. This year I do believe Belcher had the better team.

When Belcher inherited PC they had won 9 games the previous season and lost by 30 in District Tournament to rival Harrison County. Truthfully, he has done a great job of building the program. Hes won 2 district titles already (same amount as Hinson). He's won 15 games, 16 games and 18 games in his first 3 years while losing 3 transfers all in the process. This year the Wildcats won 18 games in the regular season (most since 2006) and didn't have Michael Antrobus. I think he's probably higher than what he's been ranked on the thread.