Male

Manual

Trinity

District Runners-up

CAL

Central

St. Xavier

Waggener

First round games Tuesday Feb 28 at D winners. Semis Thursday Mar 2 at Valley, finals Monday Mar 6 at Valley

Overall the 7th isn't as deep as it normally is. Waggener is the best of the runners-up and I see them as the only one with a shot at a win but that depends on the draw. I would pick them over Male or Manual and give them a shot against Ballard but would pick Ballard in that match-up. I don't see Central, CAL or X beating any of the winners.

Trinity has to be favored but the elephant in the room is that they haven't played Ballard yet this year. I don't think Ballard is as dominant as they have been in the past but they are still Ballard. Male and Manual both seem to be peaking right now which is great for them but I don't see either beating Trinity or Ballard.

Here are the match-ups

Central at Ballard

X at Trinity

Waggener at Manual

CAL at Male

Will someone please tell me again why the semi-finalists of this group will playing way the heck out at Valley? Three of these teams aren't even affiliated with JCPS.

Will someone please tell me again why the semi-finalists of this group will playing way the heck out at Valley? Three of these teams aren't even affiliated with JCPS.

Because the Valley gym was built specifically to host the regional tournament. I'm not a fan of driving to Valley for the games either but it is what it is. It's not going to change so complaining about it is rather fruitless.

They are playing in Steinhauser which should be an incredible atmosphere.

I want to say back in the early 2000s X and T met in the Regional round and they played at X...it was a phenomenal atmosphere.

X doesn't have the offensive fire power to knock of T this year. They have to keep the game ugly if they want to pull off an upset.

I want to say back in the early 2000s X and T met in the Regional round and they played at X...it was a phenomenal atmosphere.

X doesn't have the offensive fire power to knock of T this year. They have to keep the game ugly if they want to pull off an upset.

I remember the game, it was 2001. Couldn't get another person in there with a shoehorn.

X won that game by 20. Hoping for a similar result for the home team this time.