Garrard County 70 Kentucky School for the Deaf 8

Final.

Opening round of 45th District

Garrard faces Boyle tonight

Question, why wouldn't the other game be tonight to allow Garrard to have one night between games?

Garrard County faces Lincoln County tonight at 7:45.

No clue but on the girl's side Boyle County plays Danville at 6:00 and that is the #1 vs #4 seed game also. The Boyle County girls faced KSD last night also.

Boyle County girls and Garrard County boys both chose to sit some starters last night. Fatigue won't be an issue.

Garrard County faces Lincoln County tonight at 7:45.

No clue but on the girl's side Boyle County plays Danville at 6:00 and that is the #1 vs #4 seed game also. The Boyle County girls faced KSD last night also.

Boyle County girls and Garrard County boys both chose to sit some starters last night. Fatigue won't be an issue.

I figured as much but it just seems to make more sense to me haha

Final.

Opening round of 45th District

Garrard faces Boyle tonight

Question, why wouldn't the other game be tonight to allow Garrard to have one night between games?

It looks like the bracket for the 45th is set up to favor the #1 seed (Lincoln Co), with no regard to the 4/5 seeds. Garrard Co. will play them tonight and then the winner will not play again until the 24th. Boyle Co/Danville winner will play the 22nd and 24th, one day rest compared to a two break for the #1 seed if they advance tonight.

It looks like the bracket for the 45th is set up to favor the #1 seed (Lincoln Co), with no regard to the 4/5 seeds. Garrard Co. will play them tonight and then the winner will not play again until the 24th. Boyle Co/Danville winner will play the 22nd and 24th, one day rest compared to a two break for the #1 seed if they advance tonight.

Isn't that the benefit of being the #1 Seed ?

The home school sets the schedule. The last two years have seen Garrard and Lincoln host, with the play-in games on Monday, both girls games on Tuesday, and both boys games on Wednesday. Boyle set the schedule for this time and the stated reason was to reward the one seed. I prefer both girls games one night and both boys games the next, but I have no problem with the decision by Boyle.

Tonight 2/21

#4 Boyle Co. vs #1 Danville 6:00pm Girls

#4 Garrard Co. vs #1 Lincoln Co. 7:45pm Boys

Wednesday 2/22

#2 Lincoln Co. vs #3 Garrard Co. 6:00pm Girls

#2 Boyle vs #3 Danville 7:45pm Boys

Friday 2/24

Girls Final 6:00pm

Boys Final 7:45pm