Giants releasing Victor Cruz

What if he was cheap and played the slot?

Considering the slot position is where they love having Boyd at. That hurts the development of our young receiver at that position. I do think Boyd is capable of playing outside as well. However what hurts the Bengals is not having a true deep threat opposite of Green like we had in Jones. We bring in Cruz for the slot as you say, and that puts Boyd on the outside and still doesn't give us that deep threat.

Lets not give Marvin a reason to play an aging veteran who lost a step over a young player with a good future. I am also high on Core, who I think will have make a giant leap in year 2 like Marvin Jones did.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the slot position is where they love having Boyd at. That hurts the development of our young receiver at that position. I do think Boyd is capable of playing outside as well. However what hurts the Bengals is not having a true deep threat opposite of Green like we had in Jones. We bring in Cruz for the slot as you say, and that puts Boyd on the outside and still doesn't give us that deep threat.

Lets not give Marvin a reason to play an aging veteran who lost a step over a young player with a good future. I am also high on Core, who I think will have make a giant leap in year 2 like Marvin Jones did.

We both agree we need a second deep threat.

I really don't see a problem with the Bengals picking him up cheap. If he just can't do it anymore you cut him in camp. If he can play you have another veteran wideout on the team that you aren't paying very much. Does Cruz have some off the field problem that I'm forgetting about?

It just really doesn't fill a need anywhere. They have a slot receiver in Boyd who IMO had a pretty good rookie year at that position. They also have someone like Eifert who works the middle of the field. An aging veteran like Cruz who has lost a step, who's best position is in the slot where we already have a talented young guy at brings no value to this team.

Plus as I mentioned. Let's not give Marvin a reason to play the old veteran over a young player like he seems to like to do.

We both agree we need a second deep threat.

Agreed. I think Core can potentially be that guy, because he does have good speed and showed some potential at the end of the year last year. However we still don't know for sure. So I would like to see them add a WR in the middle rounds if possible who has speed.

In a perfect world they would spend the money to get Alshon Jeffrey. In the I have been against them spending top dollar on a free agent WR. In the past there really wasn't a free agent WR worth the money to over spend for. However Jeffery is a guy I would love to see them spend that money on. Use money to get him and a center if possible. Then use the draft to get younger and faster on defense, by getting a pass rushing end in the 1st round.

Agreed. I think Core can potentially be that guy, because he does have good speed and showed some potential at the end of the year last year. However we still don't know for sure. So I would like to see them add a WR in the middle rounds if possible who has speed.

In a perfect world they would spend the money to get Alshon Jeffrey. In the I have been against them spending top dollar on a free agent WR. In the past there really wasn't a free agent WR worth the money to over spend for. However Jeffery is a guy I would love to see them spend that money on. Use money to get him and a center if possible. Then use the draft to get younger and faster on defense, by getting a pass rushing end in the 1st round.

I am all for using FA to cement the offense and using the draft for reinforcements on Defense.

With Billings and Jackson added to the mix, the Bengals could easily roll out with 5 new starters on defense in 2017.

I am all for using FA to cement the offense and using the draft for reinforcements on Defense.

With Billings and Jackson added to the mix, the Bengals could easily roll out with 5 new starters on defense in 2017.

Agreed! I think the Bengals have been smart building through the draft and all that. However I think this is the year they need to try to jump start the team again, and get creative with the salary cap and spend some money.

Agreed! I think the Bengals have been smart building through the draft and all that. However I think this is the year they need to try to jump start the team again, and get creative with the salary cap and spend some money.

We are on the same page.

I think the Bengals window is still open if they play their cards well in FA and the Draft.

I hope you are right.

And you can't run any longer and you were a RB and not a WR. Or put another way, stay in your lane doc.

I wasn't offering. I was "complimenting" AJ.

Seriously, there will be a significant receiver available in the first round that could change the Bengal O to something at the top of the league. But they may decide to go elsewhere