2017 NKY Youth Football

UK#1fanisback

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant understand all the hostility many of the parents are having about the Boone Co teams aligning by their High School districts.

As long as ALL of the teams are truly aligned by their HS districts, I cannot either. I think there is some concern about all of the "waivers" that allow kids to play out of district. It makes for an unbalanced distribution of talent which creates all sorts of issues.

Not sure how it was done, but the best way is redistrict with no waivers and grand-fathered-in exceptions.

As long as ALL of the teams are truly aligned by their HS districts, I cannot either. I think there is some concern about all of the "waivers" that allow kids to play out of district. It makes for an unbalanced distribution of talent which creates all sorts of issues.

Not sure how it was done, but the best way is redistrict with no waivers and grand-fathered-in exceptions.

Like I said for K-6 grade that may be an issue. For the senior teams its cut and dry, you play where you live, no exceptions.

• 2 weeks later...
Still can't believe youth football starts so early around here. I'm convinced that such an early start is one of the issues hurting numbers.

Numbers are up on most of the middle school teams Ive talked to this week in other parts of the state.