2017 NKY Youth Football

UK#1fanisback

The no weight-limit in Boone would probably be a problem.

I thought that, with the emergence of high schools having grade school teams, the NKYFL was doing away with the senior divisions, but it looks like they still have them (Spartans, at least).

Anybody know what the numbers are like on the senior division team?

Boone has a weight limit it is almost the same as NKYFL.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boone has a weight limit it is almost the same as NKYFL.

Really? When did that happen? When I was playing for the Spartans growing up, Boone never had a weight limit, which is why a bunch of the heavier kids from the area went to play out there.

Well the past 2 years my sons team has been excellent at everything they do. Only lost one game in 2 years and back to back superbowls. Plus they had excellent coaching.

In midget ball, we kicked an onside every time and recovered a bunch of them, but I agree with people that say it's stupid to just kick onside at that age because it doesn't really teach much of the fundamentals of the game that kids will need as they progress.

• 1 month later...

Talking with someone about the BCPWFL, the issue of alignment with high schools came up. The person indicated that the teams were going to be limited to kids from "their" area. In other words, some kids that played in BCPWFL from the earliest age are no longer able to play with BCPWFL because they don't live in the area that the team represents. I'm not expressing that well. I hope you get the idea.

My friend's son has played since kindergarten or first grade, father has helped coach every team his been on, and now, his last year in Pee Wee, he has no team. He is not allowed to play.

This is different than when my kid played. Senior teams tried to align with a high school, but it wasn't strictly enforced. And anyone who wanted to sign up with BCPWFL could find a team.

This is my understanding of the situation. Can someone tell me about the realignment that is taking place?

Talking with someone about the BCPWFL, the issue of alignment with high schools came up. The person indicated that the teams were going to be limited to kids from "their" area. In other words, some kids that played in BCPWFL from the earliest age are no longer able to play with BCPWFL because they don't live in the area that the team represents. I'm not expressing that well. I hope you get the idea.

My friend's son has played since kindergarten or first grade, father has helped coach every team his been on, and now, his last year in Pee Wee, he has no team. He is not allowed to play.

This is different than when my kid played. Senior teams tried to align with a high school, but it wasn't strictly enforced. And anyone who wanted to sign up with BCPWFL could find a team.

This is my understanding of the situation. Can someone tell me about the realignment that is taking place?

You pretty much nailed it. Aligning teams to match their high school districts.

If his district doesn't have a Senior team pretty sure he can play for who ever he wants.

I think the issue is more geared toward non Boone County kids that have played in the league.

All he has to do is sign a wavier I think. He should call someone in charge of the NKYFL I am sure they can figure something out. He should be grand fathered in to the team he played for.

All he has to do is sign a wavier I think. He should call someone in charge of the NKYFL I am sure they can figure something out. He should be grand fathered in to the team he played for.

Not in the BCPWL league, whole new structure and format to the teams.

Side bar, You could be right for K-6 grade teams, but I know for sure not the senior teams.

Not in the BCPWL league, whole new structure and format to the teams.

Side bar, You could be right for K-6 grade teams, but I know for sure not the senior teams.

The leagues combined they will find the kid a team if he talks to someone in charge.

The leagues didnt combine, they are just playing some cross league games.

There combined they are playing together in the playoffs also. The Boone County teams joined the National Divison with South Kenton, Erlanger, Bengal Tigers, Bandits, Union Raiders and Red Devils.

The leagues didnt combine, they are just playing some cross league games.

The Boone County Peewee teams are the Little Jaguars and the Little Rebels there was going to be a 3rd team the little Cougars but I believed they combined with the Bandits since they both are a Conner feeder.