Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favorite College nicknames.

Featured Replies

  • Author
UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs

 

Banana slugs can grow to nearly 10 inches.

Singer/songwriter Gillian Welch and Black Panther co-founder Huey Newton are slugs.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Fly's Open - Go Peay

 

Fly Williams was one of my favorite players. In 1973 Peay lost to UK in the second round of NCAA tourney. Williams had 26.

  • Author
Chaminade Silverswords has always been one of my favorites.

 

The craziest I ever heard was the Evergreen State College Geoducks (pronounced: Gooey Ducks).

 

I've seen those Geoducks, nasty looking things. They can live long lives. Oldest recorded is 168 years.

  • Author
I'm sure you've all heard it before, but I've always liked the Rajun' Cajuns from Louisiana-Lafayette.

 

Great nickname. Prior to 1962 the Rajun Cajuns were the Bulldogs. Their mascot is Cayenne!

Mine would be The Rhode Island School Of Design. The Nads. Apparently they have a mascot named "Scrotie". Go Nads!

 

They have several different nicknames depending on the sport. Their hockey teams is the Nads, their basketball team is the Balls, their fencing team is a word filter starting with P and rhyming with ricks, and their rowing team in the "Seamen".

 

Somebody really has a sense of humor.

  • Author
They have several different nicknames depending on the sport. Their fencing team is a word filter starting with P and rhyming with ricks, their rowing team in the "Seamen".

 

Somebody really has a sense of humor.

 

I think it's funny, but I'm not easily offended.

I've always liked the North Carolina School of Arts Fighting Pickles.

 

[ATTACH]59912[/ATTACH]

I've seen those Geoducks, nasty looking things. They can live long lives. Oldest recorded is 168 years.

 

geoduck.jpg

 

That's quite a............mascot.

CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, LONG BEACH DIRTBAGS

St. Louis University Billikens

 

billikin.jpg

  • Author
[ATTACH=CONFIG]59931[/ATTACH]

 

That's quite a............mascot.

 

You need to put that thing away pal!

UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs

 

UC Irvine Anteaters---must be a California thing.

Fly's Open - Go Peay

 

Those were the days.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.