Favre gets some help, Packers sign Koren Robinson

Effective at the season's end.... Koren gets to spend 90 days in jail for a probation violation...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-korenrobinson&prov=ap&type=lgns

Won't see the jails bending the rules for us normal people...

Dont' see how this is any different than the courts letting people serve out DUI and other jail time on the weekends so they don't miss any work time.

The courts, (and I work for one) absolutely do bend the rules for people with legitimate work requirements and do so on a daily basis.

Anyone who tries to say there isn't a double standard for professional athletes is a fool.
I see every day people being sentenced to jail and them getting to serve it out over 4 weekends or 3 weekends or whatever the case may be. And they are not all professional athletes. Some are professional construction workers, concrete guys, parking attendants, etc.

I see every day people being sentenced to jail and them getting to serve it out over 4 weekends or 3 weekends or whatever the case may be. And they are not all professional athletes. Some are professional construction workers, concrete guys, parking attendants, etc.

Fine. Make him serve every Monday and during his bye week.

Dont' see how this is any different than the courts letting people serve out DUI and other jail time on the weekends so they don't miss any work time.

The courts, (and I work for one) absolutely do bend the rules for people with legitimate work requirements and do so on a daily basis.

May have something to do with why you cant get fired for alcoholism...considered a decease...:creepy:

ok 98, I'll concede the point that the rules are bent here and there because of work... But he has to report to jail by March 1st.. Considering the Packers won't be playing much in January, that gives him at least 2 months that he isn't working. Why the big gap?

And that's not me trying to make a point, just asking a serious question.

ok 98, I'll concede the point that the rules are bent here and there because of work... But he has to report to jail by March 1st.. Considering the Packers won't be playing much in January, that gives him at least 2 months that he isn't working. Why the big gap?

And that's not me trying to make a point, just asking a serious question.

Robinson must begin serving his sentence by March 1, when another court hearing is scheduled.
I'm assuming based on this that was the earliest they could get a court date. And yes courts are that backed up.

That quote is from the ESPN article.

• 2 weeks later...