8th Region Rankings/Recap

I would put Simon Kenton in at 4 and Anderson back to 5. Very disappointed in their performance this year and my understanding is they lost a starter over the holidays. Still say Gunner was a key to that team.

Shelby is playing better and HCIT was a success even tho lost round 2 to Collins.

Collins so darn athletic and Feltner shooting the lights out of it.

Spencer starting a Shelby kid. Wonder if he would have been starting at Shelby?

SO still appears to be the team to beat.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would put Simon Kenton in at 4 and Anderson back to 5. Very disappointed in their performance this year and my understanding is they lost a starter over the holidays. Still say Gunner was a key to that team.

Shelby is playing better and HCIT was a success even tho lost round 2 to Collins.

SK at 4 would be to high.

The transfer from Shelby County is not starting, but he would at Shelby County. Shelby County looks to be the worst team in the district behind Collins, Anderson, and Spencer County.

I haven't seen Anderson County. But having seen Simon Kenton, Collins, Oldham, and South Oldham, Spencer County is pretty far behind this 4 teams. Spencer does have some nice young players. They're also really well coached. If they stay intact, they could make a regional run next year. But based on some things I've heard, there could be a big change there after the season.

There aren't going to be any changes at Spencer County next year accept maybe a transfer coming in so I think it is safe to say they will be a contender next year.

There aren't going to be any changes at Spencer County next year accept maybe a transfer coming in so I think it is safe to say they will be a contender next year.

I guess we'll see. I trust my source. And the change makes sense. You may be a little too close to the situation to have an unbiased perspective.

1. South Oldham

2. Collins

3. Oldham County

4. Anderson County

5. Simon Kenton

6. Walton Verona

7. Gallatin County

8. Spencer County

9. Willimastown

10. Grant County

I agree with your rankings. I really like South Oldham and Collins. Can't wait to see score of that game in the next week. Oldham very good as well. I believe it's a 3 team race right now.

I think it's crazy to hear rumors this early, but I've heard an 8th region referee state that Coach Burns is going to take a job in Louisville next year.

Usually when there are rumors this early, they're true. I haven't heard of him going to a Louisville school. It's another school that's pretty close though.

Usually when there are rumors this early, they're true. I haven't heard of him going to a Louisville school. It's another school that's pretty close though.

Not happening I know the school you are talking about.. Burns is going nowhere, he will be at Spencer for years to come.

It's funny listening to all these people with all these rumors. I will trust my source and it's pretty close to the situation. LOL. Burns knows what kind of talent he has for the next at least 4 years. People are just going to have to deal with it. People are realizing how good a coach he is and it will speak volumes about what's going on at Spencer County when he stays. Players are going to want to come here and play for him. It's already started and will continue.

Not happening I know the school you are talking about.. Burns is going nowhere, he will be at Spencer for years to come.

I hope he stays to see through all of your kids that have so much faith in him. We'll see when the season is over.

HoopJunkie--what coach would want to leave a team that has three of the top eighth graders in the state playing varsity for him? The grass would have to be a whole lot greener somewhere else. He realizes he has a chance to make this program his own and could do some serious damage in the 8th region over the next several years. Burns has always been a good coach and now he finally has the talent to take everything to the next level. I thought it would be next year as I posted back during the summer, but they are VERY dangerous now. They could upset anybody on a given night as they almost did a week and a half ago. They were actually leading South Oldham with 1:38 left in the game and lost by three.

It's funny listening to all these people with all these rumors. I will trust my source and it's pretty close to the situation. LOL. Burns knows what kind of talent he has for the next at least 4 years. People are just going to have to deal with it. People are realizing how good a coach he is and it will speak volumes about what's going on at Spencer County when he stays. Players are going to want to come here and play for him. It's already started and will continue.

You said, kids going to Spencer to play for him....LOL not education.

I think he can coach.