Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 59 Holy Cross 35

Featured Replies

I think I saw a first last night.

 

The tradition at CCH home games is to have a half-court shot contest among students.

 

For the first time I can recall they called out a HC student who calmly splashed his shot.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is better than him that is not playing at the moment? Last night was a turnover factory, the kids on the bench may be able to score at times but they can't guard anyone, if they had a better option this would be an easier debate

I'm waiting for the HC student to get critiqued on here for that half court shot, Schrand probably favors him too much too

Not sure what you mean. I thought Ryan had a good game plan but not enough horses.

 

Simply put the problem with HC is the varsity team is not coached very well. I have different bball philosophies than Schrand. I demand my players are fundamentally sound, take care of my ball and play defense with the most effort humanly possible.

 

The seniors on that team have won a lot of games together in the spring and summer over the past 4 years and I think its a shame that DADDY BALL is ruining their senior year.

I'm waiting for the HC student to get critiqued on here for that half court shot, Schrand probably favors him too much too

 

Actually Schrand told him not to come out for bball.

Who is better than him that is not playing at the moment? Last night was a turnover factory, the kids on the bench may be able to score at times but they can't guard anyone, if they had a better option this would be an easier debate

 

Parker Zimmerman is a better player because he's a complete player.

They have one "decent senior" and he has struggled most of the year

Seriously??? Parker isn't bad but isn't better

They have one "decent senior" and he has struggled most of the year

 

They have multiple " decent seniors'' as you would call them. If you put them all on the floor at the same time you might see this.

Simply put the problem with HC is the varsity team is not coached very well. I have different bball philosophies than Schrand. I demand my players are fundamentally sound, take care of my ball and play defense with the most effort humanly possible.

 

The seniors on that team have won a lot of games together in the spring and summer over the past 4 years and I think its a shame that DADDY BALL is ruining their senior year.

 

Who are the seniors?

Edited by MentschTrachtGottLacht
Violation

Who are the seniors?

 

Lameier, Meinze, Barnes, Williams & Abernathy.

Edited by MentschTrachtGottLacht
Answered a violating post.

  • Author

.......... south of Albuquerque here we come.

Seriously??? Parker isn't bad but isn't better

 

Besides being able to make a wide open 3, what other bball skill does he posses? It's not his fault that he's a limited player. When you don't have to work hard to play there's no need to work hard.

.......... south of Albuquerque here we come.

 

Waaaaaaay South!!!!:isurrender:

  • Author
Curious about the double technical in the first half. I believe a HC player shoved a CCH player after a CCH score on the ensuing inbounds. Did the CCH player taunt or say something? I believe both received T's.

 

Agree on Nowak/Schrand. I believe Schrand got one shot off in the second half and I thought Nowak was called for a couple cheap fouls. Nice defense by him overall.

 

Nowak, off a steal, made a contested lay-up and then got right into the Holy Cross players face and the Cross player gave him a "love tap". :lol2:

 

BTW, I thought it was the correct call, no need for either to do what they did.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.