Open Job: Clay County

Is this job ever going to be filled?

Most school districts have a minimum of a 2-3 weeks that the job has to be posted...some of them have a mandatory 30 posting period. This one is at just over 6 weeks currently. If you look at the vast majority of the football coaching searches we've seen around Kentucky recent years, I'd say this one is still in the wheelhouse of an average time period.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd understand if Clay came after Coach Sizemore but don't think they have the resources to get him. He has turned the Polar Bears into a small school powerhouse in a short amount of time. Hard to argue what he has accomplished here. He's easily the best young coach in the entire state IMHO.

Bracken County has a Mount Rushmore of high school coaches right now.

I'd understand if Clay came after Coach Sizemore but don't think they have the resources to get him. He has turned the Polar Bears into a small school powerhouse in a short amount of time. Hard to argue what he has accomplished here. He's easily the best young coach in the entire state IMHO.

Bracken County has a Mount Rushmore of high school coaches right now.

With all due respect to coach Sizemore, Bracken County didn't beat all of their district competitors last season, and their road ended in the first round of the playoffs. Sizemore's teams at Bracken have gone 5-6, 2-9, 0-11, 3-8, and 8-3. No offense, but the "Mount Rushmore" claim is one hell of a stretch. I need more than one winning season out of five to be convinced that there was anything more here than a brief uptick in the talent level on the Bracken County football team.

With all due respect to coach Sizemore, Bracken County didn't beat all of their district competitors last season, and their road ended in the first round of the playoffs. Sizemore's teams at Bracken have gone 5-6, 2-9, 0-11, 3-8, and 8-3. No offense, but the "Mount Rushmore" claim is one hell of a stretch. I need more than one winning season out of five to be convinced that there was anything more here than a brief uptick in the talent level on the Bracken County football team.

Looks more like to me that he graduated talent and then rebuilt and should be district favorite next year. Beat everybody but Brossart in the district, which Bracken played without 4 starters on offense. Sorry if I offended, just know how good a job our local coaches do.

Sizemore, Hinson, Charles, and Ray are as good or better than anybody around.

I know nothing about clay county or its football team but I have saw some of coach Sizemore's games and quick research tells me clay county would probably have a parade with a 5-6 or 3-8 campaign little on a 8-3 season with a share of a district title I think? But Like I said you know more of what they need than me just spitting my two cents.