Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

San Diego Chargers

Featured Replies

  • Author
I would want to focus on Rivers too. I like him, I think he is a good QB, but is he the issue in San Diego? Or is it a general lack of talent?
I don't know. I think it's a love/hate relationship he has with the Charger fans. Or at least that's what I perceive. Might be way off. I agree with CC, I disagree he's a HOF'er.
  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't really paid much attention. However wasn't the offense pretty good, but the defense struggled?

Can anyone name a single receiver on the Chargers? I know I can't. Outside of Gates, Rivers has never had anyone to throw to.

As far as Rivers and where he ranks among other QB's in the league, he's in the same class as Matt Ryan and Matt Stafford. Ahead of the class with Dalton, Smith and Tannehill. I don't think Rivers is a HOFer but he'll be on the ballot and get some votes.

Can anyone name a single receiver on the Chargers? I know I can't. Outside of Gates, Rivers has never had anyone to throw to.

 

Keenan Allen and Tyrrell Williams. Allen was one of the best young receivers in the nfl but he was out this year due to injuey. Williams this season had close to 70 receptions and 1000 yards receiving.

 

Offensively I think they will be fine whoever the new coach is. I just don't know much on their Defense though.

Keenan Allen and Tyrrell Williams. Allen was one of the best young receivers in the nfl but he was out this year due to injuey. Williams this season had close to 70 receptions and 1000 yards receiving.

 

Offensively I think they will be fine whoever the new coach is. I just don't know much on their Defense though.

As you can tell I don't have the Sunday Ticket so therefore I don't see the Chargers play much since they are never on prime time and are never among the regional 4:00 games. Haha

Rivers has had some strong statistical seasons but is he really a HOF QB?

 

Yes.

So, now that McCoy is gone, a good friend of mine has always loved the Chargers and now wonders how they've gone so wrong for so long. I told them that the never invested in the OL. He says that's bunk, they have drafted guys in the mid rounds, yada yada. So, I looked, they've drafted a grand total of 2 offensive linemen in the first two rounds in the past decade. I wonder how many other struggling franchises have done similarly?

 

Off the top of my head I think the Jags have pulled 3 picks in the past 4 years on o-line. Quick question for you spin, Todd Haley is a very popular name right now with HC candidates. You think he would be a good HC? His first stint didn't go perfectly, rarely few do just wondering your thoughts.

  • Author
Off the top of my head I think the Jags have pulled 3 picks in the past 4 years on o-line. Quick question for you spin, Todd Haley is a very popular name right now with HC candidates. You think he would be a good HC? His first stint didn't go perfectly, rarely few do just wondering your thoughts.
I do. He's mellowed since he arrived. Butted heads with Ben, took a few seasons for them to mesh. I think he's very offensively attuned to your personnel. In the case of the Jags, I think that would bode well for you. But, I'm not sure what he thinks about your QB. I'd bet he will be very selective if he takes a new gig. He grew up in Pittsburgh (but also attended UofFlorida), has a really nice gig there, so I'd guess it would have to be a situation where his QB was something he thought was a positive, not a question mark. That's merely a guess on my part.
I do. He's mellowed since he arrived. Butted heads with Ben, took a few seasons for them to mesh. I think he's very offensively attuned to your personnel. In the case of the Jags, I think that would bode well for you. But, I'm not sure what he thinks about your QB. I'd bet he will be very selective if he takes a new gig. He grew up in Pittsburgh (but also attended UofFlorida), has a really nice gig there, so I'd guess it would have to be a situation where his QB was something he thought was a positive, not a question mark. That's merely a guess on my part.

 

I'm very very hesitant on Bortles still as will be all next year to see if he can turn it back or not. That being said his last two games without Gus he has looked like a franchise QB again. Is that the coaching or is that him realizing he could be gone next year if he doesn't perform? One thing about Bortles is he is very similar to Ben with his size, and skill set in a way. Outside of Denver, Jacksonville will probably be the best situation for a new coach. Tons of young defensive talent, some talent on the offensive side of the ball, high draft picks, great owner, low profile city. Course I could just be a bit biased on all of this.

 

Edit: back on the Bortles thing. GM David Caldwell has said its up to the HC's decision. No player is safe and anyone can be replaced.

  • Author
I'm very very hesitant on Bortles still as will be all next year to see if he can turn it back or not. That being said his last two games without Gus he has looked like a franchise QB again. Is that the coaching or is that him realizing he could be gone next year if he doesn't perform? One thing about Bortles is he is very similar to Ben with his size, and skill set in a way. Outside of Denver, Jacksonville will probably be the best situation for a new coach. Tons of young defensive talent, some talent on the offensive side of the ball, high draft picks, great owner, low profile city. Course I could just be a bit biased on all of this.

 

Edit: back on the Bortles thing. GM David Caldwell has said its up to the HC's decision. No player is safe and anyone can be replaced.

Oh, I totally agree with you. I think the right guy there could turn fortunes around.
Oh, I totally agree with you. I think the right guy there could turn fortunes around.

 

I have hope to see Mike Smith come back, I do not want Josh McDaniels or Kyle Shanahan. Need someone with HC experience that's for sure.

I like Rivers a lot. He is the closest thing to Favre in the league. He has that gunslinger mentality. He doesn't have the wins that Favre does, the stats, nor the Super Bowl. He should be considered strongly, his numbers are outstanding.

 

There is no doubt the guy goes down swinging.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.