Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Scoring Efficiency

Featured Replies

I was curious as to what scorers in NKY were the most efficient so ....Here's a link to the detail behind this.

 

Dropbox - NKY efficiency.xlsx

 

One thing I didn't account for because of no data is points resulting from being fouled on a shot.

 

I randomly picked teams and players. No stats for SK.

 

Points per shot attempt (2s and 3s)

CJ 1.36

McNeil 1.28

Ohmer 1.24

CVH 1.24

Hemmerich 1.23

Commodore 1.22

Kunkel 1.22

Toebbe 1.20

Hegyi 1.18

Allen 1.14

Finfrock 1.12

Meyer 1.11

Volpenhein 1.10

Schrand 1.10

Hall 1.02

Bertsch 1.02

Miller 0.98

Burries 0.97

Cheeseman 0.93

Crawford 0.92

Hollis 0.89

What is considered "top shelf" for a high school player?

  • Author
What is considered "top shelf" for a high school player?

 

Good questsion.

 

1.0 would be a kid making 50% of his shots if he took all 2-pointers.

 

Quentin Goodin was 0.99 last year.

Carson Williams was 1.45 but 90% was at the rim.

  • Author
I didn't look at methodology first.

 

I already stated that I didn't take into account FTs because not all FTs are a result of shooting fouls. Schloemer's number would include times where he got fouled passing or going for a rebound or...It's too hard to account for.

 

The only way we could do it 100% accurately would be to chart by watching film.

I was curious as to what scorers in NKY were the most efficient so ....Here's a link to the detail behind this.

 

Dropbox - NKY efficiency.xlsx

 

One thing I didn't account for because of no data is points resulting from being fouled on a shot.

 

I randomly picked teams and players. No stats for SK.

 

Points per shot attempt (2s and 3s)

CJ 1.36

McNeil 1.28

Ohmer 1.24

CVH 1.24

Hemmerich 1.23

Commodore 1.22

Kunkel 1.22

Toebbe 1.20

Hegyi 1.18

Allen 1.14

Finfrock 1.12

Meyer 1.11

Volpenhein 1.10

Schrand 1.10

Hall 1.02

Bertsch 1.02

Miller 0.98

Burries 0.97

Cheeseman 0.93

Crawford 0.92

Hollis 0.89

 

Now this is a statistic that means something. I don't know some of the kids listed but I'd venture to say the higher you are on the list the more wins your team would have.

Got it. I deleted my post because my premise was completely wrong after I looked at the methodology ...

 

The only way we could do it 100% accurately would be to chart by watching film.

 

Am I correct in reading that as a job listing?

  • Author
Am I correct in reading that as a job listing?

 

You're hired!

Zach Kelch from Simon Kenton has 112 points with 59 attempts. Shooting 75% from the field. 1.89

  • Author
Zach Kelch from Simon Kenton has 112 points with 59 attempts. Shooting 75% from the field. 1.89

 

How many of those 112 are from FTs?

Why doesn't SK post stats on the KHSAA site?

How many of those 112 are from FTs?

Why doesn't SK post stats on the KHSAA site?

 

24 points on free throws.

 

88 pts on 59 2 pt fg attempts.

 

Recalculated. 1.49

 

Don't know why SK doesn't post. Got stats from maxpreps.

  • Author
[

 

24 points on free throws.

 

88 pts on 59 2 pt fg attempts.

 

Recalculated. 1.49

 

Don't know why SK doesn't post. Got stats from maxpreps.

 

Thanks. Kid does a nice job of posting up and getting his man sealed to create a good angle for when he catches it. Like all bigs he needs to work on footwork and come up with a 'back-to-the-basket' move. Plays hard. Changes shots. Nice asset to have.

  • Author

In my original list I had mainly perimeter players.

 

Here are a few players that are what I call traditional 9th region "bigs."

 

Kelch 1.49 (missing about 4 games)

Wurtz 1.37

Walter 1.31

Bradfield 1.28 (missing 5 games stats)

  • Author

Using Maxpreps stats and missing about 5 games or so:

 

JC Hawkins 1.06

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.