Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Madison Central 62 Bracken County 57

Featured Replies

  • Author

25 points for Austin Crawford in a losing effort.

Isaiah Cozart with 13, 9 and 13 blocks.

Cozart is a 6'7" sophomore jumping jack with a mega wingspan...(picture a junior Andre Riddick). Cooper Engnes battled him all night long and to his credit was probably responsible for Coach Feldhaus's rage that got him tossed. Also, there appeared to be some personal carryover baggage between him an one ref that festered all night long. Coach Hinson got his verbals in, too; but backed up when needed.

 

Huge T on a BC player was called by a certain ref right when the score was tied, a time had been called and BC's possession. Resulted in 1/2 FTs and possession change which led to 2 pts. Net late game 3 point swing. BC had just come back from a 9 point deficit. Great kid, not sure what the ref saw.

 

Last point, Crawford never backed down in attacking the basket against Cozart. Many of those blocks came against Austin, but to his credit he continued utilizing his strong suit and battling like the warrior he is.

The baggage I was referring to was between Coach Feldhaus and the ref. Rereading my post saw it needed clarity.

Didn't see what happened with the player situation, however, felt Hinson definitely deserved a T following the Cozart dunk.. he was going ballistic. Other than that all in all a good game, the Cozart kid is unreal especially to only be a sophomore.

Didn't see what happened with the player situation, however, felt Hinson definitely deserved a T following the Cozart dunk.. he was going ballistic. Other than that all in all a good game, the Cozart kid is unreal especially to only be a sophomore.
So did Allen Feldhaus deserve his T's or no?
So did Allen Feldhaus deserve his T's or no?

 

If quick T would have been one of the refs he would have been gone the 1st half.

Didn't see what happened with the player situation, however, felt Hinson definitely deserved a T following the Cozart dunk.. he was going ballistic. Other than that all in all a good game, the Cozart kid is unreal especially to only be a sophomore.

 

I believe Hinson was defending his guy. I agree was definitely animated but I believe he was talking about the stare down Cozart was giving the Bracken defender. That's considered taunting and is usually an automatic T. There was another instance where a Central player made a well guarded 3 and had a few words for the defender as the ball went on right in front of the ref and no call was made. Again taunting and should be automatic.

 

At least that's what the consensus view was in the group I was sitting with. Neither coach were too impressed with the officiating in this one. But I found that Madison Central coach was complaining every trip down the floor. I guess the refs got tired of hearing it. I know the group I was sitting with was tired of hearing it. :idunno:

From my view, there was some heavy baggage between Feldhaus and one of the refs before this game even started. Did one of this crew have the MC/Mason game the previous night? Feldhaus seemed concerned that his guys never got to the line, while Bracken seemed to live at the line early. His complaints seem to be this treatment was just more of the same (?). No question he worked the refs pretty hard and Hinson did somewhat more than normal, after seeing what Feldhaus was getting away with.

 

As to Cozart getting away with things, there could have been a couple more fouls called; but, there was definitely one (his first) that was prematurly called incorrectly...he got all ball. At the same time, I think Cozart was fouled almost every trip down the court. The refs obviously decided to let the boys play against this superior talent. All in I think it was fairly called.

 

Yes, Hinson deserved a "T", but I thought his reaction was for hanging on the rim after Cozart's facial dunk to end the 3rd quarter. Missed the potential taunting, and that makes more sense as Hinson's very loud declaration words.."supposed to be an automatic"....would make more sense in that vein. I understood Hinson's frustration as they had just stalled almost 1:45 off the clock (to prevent/protect from more fouls...Jones had 4, Fisher had 4, and Crawford had 3 at this juncture). Unfortunately, BC turned it over and MC finishes off the qtr with the dunk.

Didn't watch this one. I was at the Mason-Harrison game, and Royals' coach Biggs was one more word or look from being tossed, and what I was hearing from him was tame.

 

#thinskinnedstripes

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.