Mercer's Achiles Heel???

4th and long

The Achillies heel of Mercer Co. will be Russell, Belfry, or Sheldon Clark. Mercer has put ip some massive numbers and wins against weak oposition. Lets wait and see how the playoffs work out before we give them the trophy. They still have a long way to go.

Could be, not will be. Who knows? It's too early to tell who is legit. Mercer or whoever. Mercer will be tested by Boyle friday. I don't think their would be any tougher test in AA. Also, that trophy isn't given away, it is won. And everybody is still alive the last time I checked. I don't think this is a congratulations thread. Mercer will have to go through eastern ky to get to Louisville. No doubt!

To add: I just can't see any 2A team that can counter the combination of size, speed, depth, quickness and coaching that Mercer has. There are top-10 caliber 2A teams that may have two or three of these qualities, but I am skeptical that any have the whole five-tool package that it would take to knock off Mercer. I will be very shocked if Mercer does not win the crown.

They are going to be a 5A school next year and they are 2A this season. If they lose a game this year or do not win their state game by at least 4 TD's......then they will not fair to well in 5A next year. No team in 2A should be able to counter their size, speed, etc.

They are going to be a 5A school next year and they are 2A this season. If they lose a game this year or do not win their state game by at least 4 TD's......then they will not fair to well in 5A next year. No team in 2A should be able to counter their size, speed, etc.

Actually they only dress around 70 kids. I think their are a few team in AA that dress that many. If they were realigned this year then they would be AAA. Your Russell's,Belfry's,Western's can beat alot of AAA teams. The path to the AA title is wide open. Boyle Co isn't going to be a walk in the park tomorrow. The coaching staff is good enough to remind them that they can be beat.

My main point is, why are they playing in 2A? This should have been addressed by the KHSAA.

The merger happened too late in the game; the reshuffling of schedules would've been a nightmare affecting, instead of the 9 teams on Harrodsburg's schedule, as many as 20-27 teams when you consider Harrodsburg's schedule plus the teams in Mercer's 2A district plus the teams in what would have been Mercer's 3A district, had they been forced to move up. A logistical nightmare of the highest order.

The merger happened too late in the game; the reshuffling of schedules would've been a nightmare affecting, instead of the 9 teams on Harrodsburg's schedule, as many as 20-27 teams when you consider Harrodsburg's schedule plus the teams in Mercer's 2A district plus the teams in what would have been Mercer's 3A district, had they been forced to move up. A logistical nightmare of the highest order.

That's why in years past they have always been reclassified the following year. I know it seems unfair but it's not the first time for this. But if I was a fan or a player/coach on an opposing team in the same class I wouldn't be happy either.

Could be, not will be. Who knows? It's too early to tell who is legit. Mercer or whoever. Mercer will be tested by Boyle friday. I don't think their would be any tougher test in AA. Also, that trophy isn't given away, it is won. And everybody is still alive the last time I checked. I don't think this is a congratulations thread. Mercer will have to go through eastern ky to get to Louisville. No doubt!

You're giving Boyle way to much credit. They are extremely young...and yes, there are several schools at the 2A level that could throttle Boyle....Russell, Belfry, Middlesboro, Sheldon Clark to name a few. Now in a year or two...they may be knocking at the door again....but don't base Mercer's strengths or weaknesses on the Boyle game.....this is not the Boyle of old.

You're giving Boyle way to much credit. They are extremely young...and yes, there are several schools at the 2A level that could throttle Boyle....Russell, Belfry, Middlesboro, Sheldon Clark to name a few. Now in a year or two...they may be knocking at the door again....but don't base Mercer's strengths or weaknesses on the Boyle game.....this is not the Boyle of old.

I don't doubt that these teams would give Boyle a very good game and quite possibly beat them. I do doubt that any of them would "throttle" Boyle. Boyle has lost to Henry Clay (badly), Danville (barely), and Lafayette (barely). Yes in the past they would probably have pulled two of those games out. They could very easily be 3-1 instead of 1-3. They will be a threat in 3A by the end of the year.

I've seen Boyle co play. Nobody in AA is going to throttle them. I think this is one heckeva game to evaluate some strengths and weakness areas. To those who THINK this is not a tough Boyle team, they will get throttled. You are right. They start a few sophomores. How many teams in AA would be 4-0 right now with their schedule?

I've seen Boyle co play. Nobody in AA is going to throttle them. I think this is one heckeva game to evaluate some strengths and weakness areas. To those who THINK this is not a tough Boyle team, they will get throttled. You are right. They start a few sophomores. How many teams in AA would be 4-0 right now with their schedule?

Who said anything about being 4-0?? Not me. What I said is don't base your opinions on how far Mercer can go by this game. I've seen Boyle play twice this season and I was not impressed. They beat a slow, rebuilding Harrison Co Squad...that held them in check after halftime. Boyle had no answer for Henry Clay...which is nothing to be ashamed of...but for you to say that "I don't think their would be any tougher test in AA" is a huge stretch, when IMO, Russell, Belfry, SC, Middlesboro and Mercer could all handle Boyle.

Who said anything about being 4-0?? Not me. What I said is don't base your opinions on how far Mercer can go by this game. I've seen Boyle play twice this season and I was not impressed. They beat a slow, rebuilding Harrison Co Squad...that held them in check after halftime. Boyle had no answer for Henry Clay...which is nothing to be ashamed of...but for you to say that "I don't think their would be any tougher test in AA" is a huge stretch, when IMO, Russell, Belfry, SC, Middlesboro and Mercer could all handle Boyle.

You misuderstood what I meant about the 4-0 part. How would anybody do in our class against Henry Clay,Danville, or Lafeyette. Any of us could possibly drop all three of those. Outside of Henry Clay Boyle has been there til the end of every game. Racking huge amounts of yardage along the way. I'm not talking up Boyle cause we play them tonight. I've been commenting on how people are writing them off since I saw them play Danville. They spotted Danville 14 points and Lafeyette with 17 due to mistakes. I think youth has alot to do with that. But, Boyle has a foundation they will build on. I really disagree with your last sentence. Have you seen them play since Henry Clay? They will be the best offensive team we face all year.

I don't doubt that these teams would give Boyle a very good game and quite possibly beat them. I do doubt that any of them would "throttle" Boyle. Boyle has lost to Henry Clay (badly), Danville (barely), and Lafayette (barely). Yes in the past they would probably have pulled two of those games out. They could very easily be 3-1 instead of 1-3. They will be a threat in 3A by the end of the year.

If Harrison Co wouldn't had 3 starters suspended for the HC/BC game...Boyle's probably looking at an 0-4 start.