Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKU 80 Eastern Illinois 70

Featured Replies

Everybody said they wouldn't win many games this year also.

 

Not everybody. Some of us said they could be .500, and I still think so.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought closer to 1000. It's a big place and it doesn't look like a lot of people, but they are spread out.

1,965 announced

 

Sad........the Dixie/Scott, Holmes/Cooper, & NewCath/CovCath triple-header there in January will double that total easily.

Maybe they need a cheerleader like Thunder Dan and Colangelo at Grand Canyon. Similar timing on going D1.

 

At least they have 3 pages on BGP. That's a start!

I think with UK, UofL, Xavier, UC, IU, Ohio State, etc. being so close and all drawing well, that many have a distorted perception of how college basketball at the mid-major D-1 level actually draws. NKU averaged 2,296 fans last year.

 

Here are some other teams of note:

EKU - 2,034

Murray - 3,266

Morehead - 2,920

Western - 3,671

Miami - 1,426

Ball State - 2,763

Bowling Green - 2,261

Akron - 3,351

Tennessee Tech - 1,864

Tennessee State - 2,500

Belmont - 2,536

Lipscomb - 1,794

East TN State - 3,065

 

Detroit - 2,121

Milwaukee - 2,667

Youngstown State - 2,013

Valpo - 3,572

Cleveland State - 1,911

Oakland - 3,097

 

Certainly there are mid-majors in our geography that draw well Ohio U (6,010) was one I noticed and I think everyone would love to see NKU draw better; however, they are not alone or even an outlier in their struggle to attract fans.

I think with UK, UofL, Xavier, UC, IU, Ohio State, etc. being so close and all drawing well, that many have a distorted perception of how college basketball at the mid-major D-1 level actually draws. NKU averaged 2,296 fans last year.

 

Here are some other teams of note:

EKU - 2,034

Murray - 3,266

Morehead - 2,920

Western - 3,671

Miami - 1,426

Ball State - 2,763

Bowling Green - 2,261

Akron - 3,351

Tennessee Tech - 1,864

Tennessee State - 2,500

Belmont - 2,536

Lipscomb - 1,794

East TN State - 3,065

 

Detroit - 2,121

Milwaukee - 2,667

Youngstown State - 2,013

Valpo - 3,572

Cleveland State - 1,911

Oakland - 3,097

 

Certainly there are mid-majors in our geography that draw well Ohio U (6,010) was one I noticed and I think everyone would love to see NKU draw better; however, they are not alone or even an outlier in their struggle to attract fans.

 

Interesting info. I agree with what you say.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.