Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY preseason coaches poll

Featured Replies

I said I any that you can put any of the 3 Scott,CC, and HHS but curious as to how you determined the order you came up with. You put Scott,HHS, and then CC. Can you share your thoughts?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said I any that you can put any of the 3 Scott,CC, and HHS but curious as to how you determined the order you came up with. You put Scott,HHS, and then CC. Can you share your thoughts?

 

Well I would tell you my gut, but it appears my gut is wrong. With Scott's two results and hearing how much they are struggling with the pressure, I would retract that now. As for CC and HHS, my gut just gives the edge to HHS right now. Watching each anlittle over the summer and knowing a lot of the players (not just the stars) I feel HHS has a small edge. Maybe it's the homer in me or my gut stinks this year at forecasting!

  • Author

RCC9, Curious about this list.

 

"Martin (.....listed on the pre-season state top 25"....)

RCC9, Curious about this list.

 

"Martin (.....listed on the pre-season state top 25"....)

 

In that thread. Not sure exactly where she was listed. Didn't feel like looking it up. Point...she's a really good player that HHS gained.

I agree 100% that she is a nice addition to HHS as she is a nice player. I think the list you were referring to is the Courier Journal top 25 list and she wasn't listed on there. Like you said beside the point. Either way she will definitely help HHS this season.

She was one of the best players on the court against Sacred Heart. Really liked the game of Zoie Barth as well.

I've read enough. Time to chime in.

 

I'm with RCC9 on this one. Right now, I'd go with Highlands over Conner. Wherever you want to rank Conner, I'd put Highlands over them.

 

My why...

 

1. In the wake of Senior losses for both, Highlands returns (or puts on the floor) more varsity experience at key positions and roles. One of them being point guard. I think Conner's loss of Gambrel is a HUGE hole to fill and will take time to do it, while Highlands filled the loss of Coffey with a senior DII bound, Martin.

 

2. From what I saw, neither team has a strong post presence so it is not like either team is going to have an advantage over the other in the paint. Basically, all guard play. I give that advantage slightly to Highlands

 

3. I recently watched Conner scrimmage and here is what I saw... When they pressed, they got points off of turnovers. (Against a team that early in the season may struggle against pressing capable teams) However, when they stopped pressing and depended more on a half court offense to score, they struggled. Lots of turnovers and not very efficient. Their scoring slowed down noticeably. I know it was an early scrimmage, but there was clearly more work to be done. With their athletic personnel, they can get rich against teams with suspect guards and ball handling, but finding offense when they can't depend on the press, I think will take time to develop. I give the edge to Highlands right now if both teams have to come out of the press and play half court.

Losing Gambrel is a big loss for the Cougars but keep your eye Junior Maddie McLemore. Very aggressive and hard nosed player that is going to fill in quite nicely for the Cougars at the point.

Losing Gambrel is a big loss for the Cougars but keep your eye Junior Maddie McLemore. Very aggressive and hard nosed player that is going to fill in quite nicely for the Cougars at the point.

 

So where's that put jordon?

Losing Gambrel is a big loss for the Cougars but keep your eye Junior Maddie McLemore. Very aggressive and hard nosed player that is going to fill in quite nicely for the Cougars at the point.

 

Fair enough Big Zig. I'll keep an eye out. :thumb: I don't know all Conner's players like I used to, but I know they have some talent. I am sure that the mid and late season Cougars will be far better than the pre and early version I saw.

She's in there just not necessarily at the point.

 

Starting? Just curious. Love the kid. But when I was doing my math, I didn't account for Ms McLemore. With her assuming the pg role, I'm curious who is in around her. So if she's at the point, I know hurst and burcham are starting. I assume Duncan starts. So that would leave one spot between Jordan and the big girl (sorry,can't remember her name).

Obviously starting fives are not set in stone, but from what I have seen, its been Duncan, Burcham, McLemore, Hurst and Jordan. Not sure which other big you are talking about, could be Roberts (SR) or Drummonds (FR), neither of which have started. Roberts, I think is out again for her knee, not sure of return date.

Obviously starting fives are not set in stone, but from what I have seen, its been Duncan, Burcham, McLemore, Hurst and Jordan. Not sure which other big you are talking about, could be Roberts (SR) or Drummonds (FR), neither of which have started. Roberts, I think is out again for her knee, not sure of return date.

 

Maybe I'm mistaken. I thought they had a big that was pretty decent. Maybe my teams are running together at this point. Lol! And with the size you named, seems like they need one. I just never accounted for McLemore. But you can't ever have enough guards in high school ball.

Maybe I'm mistaken. I thought they had a big that was pretty decent. Maybe my teams are running together at this point. Lol! And with the size you named, seems like they need one. I just never accounted for McLemore. But you can't ever have enough guards in high school ball.

 

They have Duncan who is the 5'10 senior.....I have been impressed by McLemore so far. Last year she didn't see many varsity minutes but you can tell she has worked on her game. She's tough physically and has improved on her shooting skills. I remember only seeing her being able to hit the layup or draw and dish. She seems to be coming a more rounded player. Pretty sure they are loaded on guards from here until 2025.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.