Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY preseason coaches poll

Featured Replies

1. Holmes (6) 120

2. Simon Kenton (6) 112

3. Highlands 85

4. Conner 84

5. Ryle 66

6. Holy Cross 64

7. Campbell County 61

8. Scott (1) 48

9. Newport Central Catholic 23

10. Cooper 18

Others receiving voting points: Notre Dame 16, Dixie Heights 12, Beechwood 6.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Interesting results. Not wanting to start a region vs region argument but this poll seems a little off balance towards the 9th. Maybe since the NKY schools are mostly 9th region coaches then the 9th teams get more votes than the others?

  • Author

Campbell is good enough to be top 20 in the state on Bluegrasspreps poll but is number 7 in NKY? Campbell should be in the top 5 easy. Scott should be higher too.

Just my opinion here...I don't think CC is top 20 in the state. But I also don't think HHS is at this point either. Maybe they both are. I know JJ sees a lot more teams than I do! I just don't think of either of those teams as being a top 20 team. But on the other hand, I'm not sure who I'd replace them with. So maybe it's just the fact there is a lot of balance ones you get past the top 8-10 or so.

 

With that said, Scott may be better than both CC and HHS. There's a key reason I wouldn't say they are or trust putting them there, just not into putting that on here. But I agree with you...I think CC, Scott and HHS should all be right there close. Right now, I would probably put it Scott, HHS, CC right behind SK. But I could argue it any way with those three.

I agree with RCC that you could put Scott,HHS, and CC in any order but they should definitely be ranked 3,4,5.

HHS having Jenna Martin push them to 3 in NKY, in my opinion they are middle of the pack. I would agree they have some talent but from what they lost last year to put them at 3 tells me that they are as good as last years team and to start the season they are not. As for Scott and CC they both have talent and at this point put them ahead of HHS because of what they have returning compared to HHS.

 

The lack of size will hurt a lot of teams this year unless you are a team that can run and I think if HHS, CC and Scott can do that they will do well. I believe ND will be a sleeper team and believe they should be in the top 10.

HHS having Jenna Martin push them to 3 in NKY, in my opinion they are middle of the pack. I would agree they have some talent but from what they lost last year to put them at 3 tells me that they are as good as last years team and to start the season they are not. As for Scott and CC they both have talent and at this point put them ahead of HHS because of what they have returning compared to HHS.

 

The lack of size will hurt a lot of teams this year unless you are a team that can run and I think if HHS, CC and Scott can do that they will do well. I believe ND will be a sleeper team and believe they should be in the top 10.

 

I don't think putting them 3 says they are as good as last year. I think it might have more to do with the competition this year. You can't compare rankings year to year...especially in a year when A LOT of talented players left the region. This region is down this year. And I would say that this team is not as good as last year right now, but has the potential to be better by end of season. This is a totally different team with a different style than the past. This team will make mistakes because of youth, but they will be 3 times more physical than the past 3 years and probably more athletic. They are probably quicker and faster than the past as well. Yes, HHS lost a lot of leadership and experience, but they will be playing several very athletic bball players now. The only place size will hurt HHS is if a team has a big strong and skilled post player on offense. But it will have to be all three. This group is little but very quick and strong. They have played GRC, who was a head taller than them in most spots and 2-3 heads taller in some and they had no issue with the size. They also played Franklin Co who is very skilled and more like Holmes, and outside of an 11-0 run coming out of half for FC (3-3 from 3 on their first 3 shots out of the locker room), they played them even. 26-26 at half and FC won by 10. HHS shot atrocious in the second half.

 

The report I got on ND today from last nights game tells me ND has some work to do. I wish them the best, but I'm just not sure about them yet. Way early though.

Conner should be a very fun and interesting team to watch this year. Coach Stamm has some talent and depth in this year's team.

I agree that Scott and CC are the obvious undervalued teams in this poll. I would have Scott at #3. Points taken regarding HHS but as noted, they are unproven and so I would drop them below at least Scott and possibly CC & Conner.

 

You could have Holmes or SK #1 then Scott, CampCo, Conner, HHS, HC, Ryle, Notre Dame, Cooper....NCC at #11. Boone is my sleeper, not getting any love!

Just curious...why is there a "Northern Kentucky" poll?

Conner should be a very fun and interesting team to watch this year. Coach Stamm has some talent and depth in this year's team.

 

I agree. I think they have the potential to be very good. However, they are still pretty young and not all the way developed into their high school bodies..IMO. I think the long physical season could take a toll on them. I think they will be fine the first half. But I think once teams develop a game plan against them and if that includes a lot of banging, that is when we'll see how well they will finish. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the kids at Conner. Some of my favs in the region! But I just speak my mind and thoughts as to where I'm not "all in" just yet. Many I talk to are, but I'm cautiously optimistic! If HHS can't win the region, they would definitely be the next team I root for! Then followed closely by Ryle. (just because of the ties to the kids)

 

In my opinion, there is a lot of parity in the region this year, including the top team. I think the region will come down to who can stay healthy and outlast the others. I'm not saying there are several teams that can win the region, but there are several teams in the region that can beat just about anyone on a given night...because of the balance.

Just curious...why is there a "Northern Kentucky" poll?

 

I think because there is a NKY coach's association that includes all NKY teams, regardless of regions.

I agree that Scott and CC are the obvious undervalued teams in this poll. I would have Scott at #3. Points taken regarding HHS but as noted, they are unproven and so I would drop them below at least Scott and possibly CC & Conner.

 

You could have Holmes or SK #1 then Scott, CampCo, Conner, HHS, HC, Ryle, Notre Dame, Cooper....NCC at #11. Boone is my sleeper, not getting any love!

 

Just curuious, why would you have Conner above HHS? Player to player? I'm not saying you're wrong at all. Don't take that as an attack on your opinion. More of...I want to pick your brain to pull out why you feel that way. What would you base that on?

I will agree there is a lot of parity in the 9th and IMO I believe there are 5-6 teams that can win the region. HHS, Holy Cross, Conner, NCC, Ryle, and Holmes who is the favorite.

I will agree there is a lot of parity in the 9th and IMO I believe there are 5-6 teams that can win the region. HHS, Holy Cross, Conner, NCC, Ryle, and Holmes who is the favorite.

 

And I think ND, Cooper, Dixie and Beechwood (and maybe Boone, but I need to see them play first) can compete or beat just about any of those teams listed. That's a lot of parity!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.