Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Finals Weather Forecast

Featured Replies

What is the weather forecast for Bowling Green this weekend? I'm trying to decipher it and it looks like cold and rain to me, but I'm a nimrod at this.

 

@nWo, keep us updated. :D

First, I just got back from Bowling Green yesterday afternoon. Had a great time. Weather was great for this time of year!! :D

 

Here's a very quick look.

 

Friday

 

Temps

 

Lows Friday morning in the mid to upper 30s

Highs Friday afternoon mid to upper 40s

 

Little or no chance of rain

 

Saturday

 

Saturday morning lows mid 20s to lower 30s

Highs Saturday afternoon mid to upper 40s

A slight chance of rain Saturday night into Sunday morning.

 

Sunday

 

A slight chance or rain early Sunday morning then looks like a repeat of the temps from Friday.

 

I'll post updates as we get closer.

Looking like cold and rainy on Saturday right now Tusi

  • Author
Looking like cold and rainy on Saturday right now Tusi
I can dig it :D

My thinking is that the rain may hold off until late Saturday night but more than likely hold off until Sunday morning.

 

The winds look like they will be light after Friday. Friday look for winds from the west/northwest around 7 mph.

Still a range of possibilities for Sunday rain... from light showers to a steady soaking depending on your model of choice. Either way, 2A and 5A fans should pack their rain gear.

Still a range of possibilities for Sunday rain... from light showers to a steady soaking depending on your model of choice. Either way' date=' 2A and 5A fans should pack their rain gear.[/quote']

The models I use the GFS and CFS are the ones that look that far in the future. The Nam model only goes to Friday as of today. The GFS and CFS are showing light rain mainly around .04" total accumulated rain fall. This is for Sunday.

The models I use the GFS and CFS are the ones that look that far in the future. The Nam model only goes to Friday as of today. The GFS and CFS are showing light rain mainly around .04" total accumulated rain fall. This is for Sunday.

 

Just giving you insight on the Operational Euro.

Just giving you insight on the Operational Euro.

 

This is one reason I don't use it much. I've learned to concentrate on other models. The Euro is the only one showing a low pressure system coming over Kentucky this weekend. The CFS, GFS, GEFS models, so far are in close agreement about the possible rain this coming weekend. It looks to hold off until either late Saturday night or early Sunday morning. Then light showers or rain possible on Sunday. For now I'm not seeing Sunday being a complete washout. The models I've mention are showing .04-.05" of accumulating rainfall this weekend. Now if you take a look at the total QPF for the entire model run through Sunday it indeed does show heavy rain but this includes the rain from early this week till Sunday. This total is 1.41" inches of rain for the entire week in the Bowling Green area.

 

Now as we get closer I concentrate on the Nam and GFS models. Then about 24 hours before I really concentrate on the HRRR model. For me this is the most accurate way to predict future weather.

Tuesday Morning update:

 

The weather should be good for football on Friday and Saturday. I see no major changes in Friday or Saturday's outlook. Sunday looks to have some light rain showers move in during the day. Warren County looks to receive between .09-.11" of rain with the 10th of an inch of rain looking to fall mainly in northern Warren County. High temps look to be in the low to mid 40s on Sunday.

 

I'll post update every morning. Sooner if there are any a major changes.

Here is my outlook for the 1A game Friday night.

 

5 pm ET

 

Temperature in mid to upper 40s with northeasterly winds 5-6 mph. No rain

 

8 pm

 

Temps. in the low to mid 40s with northeasterly winds 5-6 mph. No rain.

 

11 pm

 

Temps. in the upper 30s. Winds shifting to northwesterly 2-3 mph. No rain.

 

I'll post my outlook for the Saturday and Sunday games tomorrow. I'll update Friday's game then also.

Okay, I've had my morning coffee so

 

 

Friday night outlook

 

All times are eastern standard time.

 

5 pm

 

Temps in the high 40s

Northeasterly winds 8-9 mph

no rain

 

7 pm

 

Temps low to mid 40s

Northeasterly winds 4-5 mph

no rain

 

8 pm

 

Temps low 40s

Northeasterly winds 4-5 mph

no rain

 

11 pm

 

Temps mid 30s

North-northeasterly wind 3-4 mph

 

Saturday

 

5 pm

 

Temps mid 40s

Northwest winds 3-4 mph

 

 

8 pm

 

Temps low 40s

North winds 3-4 mph

slight chance of light showers

 

11 pm

 

Temps in the high 30s

Northeast winds 3-4 mph

slight chance of light showers

 

Sunday

 

10 am

 

Temps low 40s

Southeast winds 5-6 mph

Chance of scattered showers

 

2 pm

 

Temps mid 40s

Southeasterly winds 8-9 mph

Chance of scattered showers

 

5 pm

 

Temps mid 40s

Southerly winds 3-4 mph

Little or no chance of rain

 

8 pm

 

Temps mid 40s

Easterly winds 1-2 mph

Little or no chance of rain

 

11 pm

 

Temps mid 40s

Calm wind

no chance of rain

Thanks NWO!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.