Sanctuary Cities and the Mayors protecting them.

jericho

To be great again, we gotta' deport them. I am banking on it. Do it.

Absolutely must deport the criminals that are protected in these cities. Remember the young lady murdered by the repeat offender in San Francisco due to it being a sanctuary city?

To be great again, we gotta' deport them. I am banking on it. Do it.

Do you know how many criminal illegals have been deported by Barack Obama? 2,427,070 illegals were deported for year ending 2014, a total for his first six years. President Obama did not have any problem with transporting that many. President Elect Trump only thinks he will need to deport 2,000,000. Maybe more if this year's numbers are a change over average.

Do you know how many criminal illegals have been deported by Barack Obama? 2,427,070 illegals were deported for year ending 2014, a total for his first six years. President Obama did not have any problem with transporting that many. President Elect Trump only thinks he will need to deport 2,000,000. Maybe more if this year's numbers are a change over average.

So you're saying Trump made a mountain out of a mole hill?

I can't wait until he says I deported fewer than Obama. :lol2:

That'll go over like a lead balloon.

And about double the 2,427,070 illegal immigrants that snuck in under Obamas watch

So you're saying Trump made a mountain out of a mole hill?

I can't wait until he says I deported fewer than Obama. :lol2:

That'll go over like a lead balloon.

I'm just saying logistically it's not that big a deal, after the hue and cry from the opposition for the past 18 months or so. No one even noticed through the President Obama years. But we have to secure borders first or it's useless.

Obama changed the way that deportations were counted. He deported very few illegal aliens. Under Obama's watch, Mexicans who were turned back at the border were counted as "deportations," but had not been counted by previous administrations.

I don't expect that Trump will actually deport any more illegals than Bush did. When I see a wall, I will believe that Trump meant what he said about building one.

Can mayors be arrested criminally for disobeying or directing those to disobey federal law? Treason? Has to be more than just funding penalties.
Trump is already signaling that he will not hold Hillary Clinton accountable for her crimes. Do you really expect that he will allow his Attorney General to pursue federal criminal charges against the mayors of sanctuary cities?

I am sure that mayors and city council members who facilitate the violation of immigration laws and actively obstruct justice in illegal immigration cases could be subject to federal criminal indictments but it will shock me to see a Trump administration to take such actions. I hope that I am wrong.

However, if Trump simply eliminates all federal funding to a few sanctuary cities, sanctuary cities will quickly become an endangered species.

Trump is already signaling that he will not hold Hillary Clinton accountable for her crimes. Do you really expect that he will allow his Attorney General to pursue federal criminal charges against the mayors of sanctuary cities?

I am sure that mayors and city council members who facilitate the violation of immigration laws and actively obstruct justice in illegal immigration cases could be subject to federal criminal indictments but it will shock me to see a Trump administration to take such actions. I hope that I am wrong.

However, if Trump simply eliminates all federal funding to a few sanctuary cities, sanctuary cities will quickly become an endangered species.

Kind of like spanking your children. One good time and the threat is good enough afterwards. Arrest the biggest loudmouth that's most defiant and the rest will fall in line.

Kind of like spanking your children. One good time and the threat is good enough afterwards. Arrest the biggest loudmouth that's most defiant and the rest will fall in line.
I have said it before, but Trump needs to persuade Obama to deal with the Hillary Clinton crime syndicate, if at all possible. If he takes office and she has skated free without even as much as a pardon, and Trump just ignores her crimes, then no matter who becomes Attorney General, they will have very little credibility, IMO. If we are really still a nation of laws rather than men (and women), then high profile crimes of the sort the Clintons have allegedly committed cannot be simply ignored.

The Department of Justice will not regain the respect of the American people as long as there are two sets of rules - one for the political/criminal class and another for ordinary criminals.

I agree that big sanctuary city mayors deserve to be prosecuted criminally if they have violated the federal criminal code, but re-establishing the basic rule of law cannot be done as long as the Clintons skate free.