How about this game face?

theguru

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll tell you why I don't like it, because football is a team game. If it isn't part of your uniform or has no purpose don't allow it. I'm not a big fan of individual expression in football. JMO.

As to the question about winning. Kids do this (along with the other stuff mentioned) to draw attention. I think if you are going to get people to notice you, you should live up to the challenge and win. Again, JMO.

So then you disagree with the many armbands that guys like McBroom, May, Orndorff(sp?), Brohm, etc. have worn over the years at Trinity right? As I stated, I personally don't care for it, but calling a kid out on the carpet over this just isn't right. Fact of the matter is, you have an impression about the way Ryle kids act.....from one game......and your going to apply that liberally to any and every Ryle player you may come across. To say that painting your face serves to motivate your opponent, well that's quite a reach you have there. You guys are good, but I don't think our kids go home at night and say, "Hey, lets wear eye black all over, that will really upset them." Honestly, your not THAT important.

Trinity is good enough on their own. I honestly admire just about every facet of the program. Except this part, the "we do things a certain way, and if you do it differently then your wrong and its an insult to us." The T jumping thing was something our kids had done all year. But how dare a group of kids come to Trinity and have fun, how dare they. Just plain disrespectful. :rolleyes: