LVGambla32

1A Playoffs Raceland at Paintsville  

44 members have voted

1. 1. 1A Playoffs Raceland at Paintsville

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kent Phelps will be the best player on the field Friday night. So explosive. The game at Raceland earlier in the year could have went either way. A lot of penalties in that game and I feel like it was hard for either team to get much of a rhythm going. Raceland has good balance, and if they stay disciplined can cause Paintsville some problems. But I think Paintsville at their place is too much to overcome. I'll take Paintsville 28 Raceland 20.

Kent Phelps will be the fastest player on the field friday night. Best is debatable. He didnt hurt us that bad in the first match. A couple of big runs. Two of Paintsville touchdowns were on busted coverage in the secondary. Contain Phelps as well as the first game and we win.

Kent Phelps will be the fastest player on the field friday night. Best is debatable. He didnt hurt us that bad in the first match. A couple of big runs. Two of Paintsville touchdowns were on busted coverage in the secondary. Contain Phelps as well as the first game and we win.

24 carries for 159 yards and 2 td's in the first match up. Not a bad night. If you can stop him from rushing for under 200 yards Friday night Rams will have a chance. Who is better than Phelps? And that's just it. You said if you contain Phelps in the first game you win that one. Can Raceland contain him? Good defense but Phelps is just faster than the opposition, hard to contain that much speed. Looking forward to a good game.

He had one TD in regulation. I think if tell anyone right now he will have 1 TD in regulation that's pretty well containing him. He's a great player I'm not trying to downplay the kid. I said debatable who's better. Very easily it could be debated that Nathaniel Davidson is better. Two very different kids both very good at what they do. Again I am not trying to take away from Phelps he is an amazing talent. I too am looking forward to a good game Friday. I said earlier I don't know who will win but to act like Painesville has it in the bag already to me is foolishness.

I predicted 28-20 Tigers to win. Never said they had it in the bag. Some may have said that. But Paintsville being at home and already beaten Raceland at their place I think are two big advantages in the Tigers favor. Regardless should be a great game. Wouldn't be surprised if Raceland won though. Talent wise these teams match up pretty evenly I think.

I absolutely agree that it's a great matchup and I expect to see a great game Friday. I honestly believe the winner of this game will probably win the state championship. Before I start getting bashed for saying that yes I realize that after this game there is a lot of work left to do. There are no more gimme games from here on out but I believe these are the two best teams in 1A.

No excuses, we should've been more calm not to respond but that is what happens.

Exactly ... A lot of times when the officials throw a flag on a PF / Unsportsmanlike call, it's more than likely the 2nd / return shot that they see.

Rams Players should know ....Paintsville will full well know that they can get to them like this and they Cannot fall for the bait. All teams do it, the smart ones let it go, play Hard, Tough Football and usually are the team that comes out the winner.

As I said in the thread before the first Paintsville game ... the Tigers are ranked #1 for a reason. A Raceland win on Friday night will take the best football that Raceland has played all season. and then some

Paintsville is one of the toughest places to go into and get a W in the state. I don't know what their all time home record is but it has to be phenomenal, at least since the early 1970's since I have been going to games there.

The RAMS HAVE To FOCUS, Play With Dicipline, Execute and .....

TCB !

Because your statement is silly. Two evenly matched teams who battled to overtime doesn't fit your narrative. But you keep doing you.

The statement was "Paintsvilles already punched em in mouth once" per your logic that "act is tired"! Although TRUE "it's Tired"! Seems orange fans don't want to admit past only amp up what their GONNA DO! I already know what their gonna do! They had their best shot a month ago! Can they overcome worse odds when they couldn't pull it out with solid odds the first time? Sure they can! Not saying it's impossible just saying the same thing your fans say! They will have to play the best game of their season to do it and to win state they would have to do it 2 more times!