1A Playoffs Raceland at Paintsville

LVGambla32

1A Playoffs Raceland at Paintsville  

44 members have voted

1. 1. 1A Playoffs Raceland at Paintsville

To be very honest, I don't give a rip who wins. But maybe times have changed. I remember when punched in the mouth meant that you really hammered your opponent. I guess now it means that you squeaked out of there with an OT win.

My apologies! I assumed you were a Raceland fan! Never mind!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a Raceland fan or not doesn't justify your comment. And you apologize only if he isn't a Rams fan? Come on now. You guys are a great team but gloating doesn't become you.

No gloating coming from this direction, you must have taken it the wrong way! Why are Raceland fans so easily offended this week? Your typically a good bunch to go back and forth with! My apology was my mistake for assuming the poster had a dog in the fight which not caring who wins or loses this game they obviously do not! Really though Sideline lighten up! We've got the 2 TOP 1A teams going to battle Friday night at Memorial Field! Just because I believe my team is a more balanced team and will take the win does not constitute "gloating". As A fan I would hope you would feel the same about your Rams!

No gloating coming from this direction, you must have taken it the wrong way! Why are Raceland fans so easily offended this week? Your typically a good bunch to go back and forth with! My apology was my mistake for assuming the poster had a dog in the fight which not caring who wins or loses this game they obviously do not! Really though Sideline lighten up! We've got the 2 TOP 1A teams going to battle Friday night at Memorial Field! Just because I believe my team is a more balanced team and will take the win does not constitute "gloating". As A fan I would hope you would feel the same about your Rams!

Raceland has 2372 yards rushing and 2913 yards passing on the season. Paintsville has 3417 rushing and 1245 passing. The Rams have a 2800 yard passer, a 1400 yard rusher, an 1100 yard receiver, and another WR with over 800 yards.

Both teams have a great offense, but Raceland is far more balanced.

Each team has a great RB, but Raceland has a more polished passing attack. They've won games this year on the legs of Bailey Walker and they've won games on the arm of Nathaniel Davidson. They've proven they can do both.

Paintsville was without Kent Phelps for one game this year. Morris had the stage all to himself against Bourbon County. His stat line? 85 yards passing, 1 TD, 2 INTs. Without Phelps, Paintsville nearly lost a game that they should have won convincingly, because they had no passing game. They haven't proven that they can win on the strength of Morris's arm.

Paintsville has a great team and Darren Morris is a great player, but as a passer, he's not Nathaniel Davidson.

Raceland has 2372 yards rushing and 2913 yards passing on the season. Paintsville has 3417 rushing and 1245 passing. The Rams have a 2800 yard passer, a 1400 yard rusher, an 1100 yard receiver, and another WR with over 800 yards.

Both teams have a great offense, but Raceland is far more balanced.

Each team has a great RB, but Raceland has a more polished passing attack. They've won games this year on the legs of Bailey Walker and they've won games on the arm of Nathaniel Davidson. They've proven they can do both.

Paintsville was without Kent Phelps for one game this year. Morris had the stage all to himself against Bourbon County. His stat line? 85 yards passing, 1 TD, 2 INTs. Without Phelps, Paintsville nearly lost a game that they should have won convincingly, because they had no passing game. They haven't proven that they can win on the strength of Morris's arm.

Paintsville has a great team and Darren Morris is a great player, but as a passer, he's not Nathaniel Davidson.

Again my bad! I should have worded it as more balanced as in "on both sides of the ball"! But your right! In Regulation KP ran for 1 TD vs Raceland in matchup 1 and D Mo threw for 2 TD's! There's no argument that Davidson had the hardest nights of the season being able to pass against the Tigers Defense! Again that's not gloating that's fact! As per Raceland fans ( it was snap the ball and run for his life) Paintsvilles Defense has been smothering this year and their Offense which is Ranked 1st in state in Class 1A has proven VERY hard to stop! Raceland did a very fine job against it last game though! Davidson IS one of the top few QB's in 1A No doubt! He can run and throw and do both extremely well! If he has time! Will he have time this game? He may, however Last time he did not! Just stating what's been seen. I apologize if it still comes across as "gloating"! No wonder this will be WYMT game of the week! 2 strong 1A contenders! It would be a lot easier road to BG had we played our way in the west bracket however this east bracket should prepare the team that makes it to BG quite well! If everyone stays healthy!!!

The game will be carried live on tv Friday night on WMYT (I think that's correct). Game will start at 7:37 and will have tv timeouts, etc.......

Blue bird, you can correct the station if I am incorrect.

Yes sir. WYMT Mountain News. Here on our local cable channel it's usually channel 11 or 13. Also if you can't get WYMT do to having Dish or Direct, you can usually go to the website aroundpaintsville.com scroll to the bottom of the page and there should be a live feed of the game!

The game will be carried live on tv Friday night on WMYT (I think that's correct). Game will start at 7:37 and will have tv timeouts, etc.......

Blue bird, you can correct the station if I am incorrect.

TV timeouts are a major pain and often times momentum killers. Hope neither team is negatively impacted.

@Blue_bird96, I hate to nitpick, but Raceland has the #1 offense in 1A in terms of yardage with 440 ypg. Paintsville averages 388 per game.

Russellville is tops in scoring with 46 ppg.

But, Paintsville is the #1 team right now. That's the one that matters most. This year might be their best shot at winning a title since the late 70's and mid 80's runner-up teams under Brugh.

They just need to avoid the injury bug that derailed their season last year.

TV timeouts are a major pain and often times momentum killers. Hope neither team is negatively impacted.

That's definitely the down side of TV timeouts. You could argue, though, that there are some positives. Coaches get extra timeouts without having to burn their own and the players can catch a breather late in the game if needed.

There are scenarios where those timeouts can benefit one team while being a hindrance on the other. Hopefully they won't disrupt the flow of this game too much.

Rivalry retold: Last few seasons provide exciting new script for Raceland-Paintsville

Zack Klemme | The Daily Independent

The Raceland-Paintsville rivalry, dormant for much of the 1990s and 2000s due to constant district realignment and lopsided scores, now occupies center stage in the Rams' and Tigers' thinking.

Paintsville and Raceland face off in the playoffs on Friday night for the fourth consecutive season. The contest at Memorial Field will be the sixth time in the last four years the Tigers and Rams have met while both ranked in the Associated Press Class A top 10.

This region final showdown might be the most important to date.

Friday’s game will be the 51st Paintsville-Raceland contest. Never have the teams met with both carrying 10 wins or more, and never before in the postseason with both teams in the AP poll's top six.

Continued in the link below...

Rivalry retold: Last few seasons provide exciting new script for Raceland-Paintsville | Sports | dailyindependent.com

@Blue_bird96, I hate to nitpick, but Raceland has the #1 offense in 1A in terms of yardage with 440 ypg. Paintsville averages 388 per game.

Russellville is tops in scoring with 46 ppg.

But, Paintsville is the #1 team right now. That's the one that matters most. This year might be their best shot at winning a title since the late 70's and mid 80's runner-up teams under Brugh.

They just need to avoid the injury bug that derailed their season last year.

You are correct. Paintsville leads 1A defensively not Offensively. Yes the injury bug has derailed many good teams. Hopefully we can all get through the playoffs without any of our teams getting bit by it. Something I don't wish any team to have that to deal with.