Daviess County Is The 2016 Boys Soccer State Champion

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this game, and agree it isn't broken, but you might need better evidence for your debate:

Through 10 weeks this season, 35 of 49 Premier League windows that can be compared to last year have declined.

Nah. No other evidence needed. Let me know when an American sporting event gets close to toping the World Cup in worldwide ratings. Heck even cricket beats out American sports.

Nobody likes to decide a game on penalties but the game is far from broken. Funny thing is that high school and college soccer are American bastardized versions of the beautiful game, which the poster uses to claim the beautiful game is broken. I will agree that some high school and college rules are ridiculous. Never understand why we think we can do it better than everyone else. The American way I guess.

Well to be fair, it was decided in overtime. The goal Daviess scored was onside by a mile. Awful call by the AR. Glad DC ended up winning.

LOL. Yes, I'm sure you were watching the play as intently as the AR was and saw where the Daviess player was at the exact moment the ball was crossed.

I love this game, and agree it isn't broken, but you might need better evidence for your debate:

Through 10 weeks this season, 35 of 49 Premier League windows that can be compared to last year have declined.

This soccer game matched the CCH Internet Radio all-time listener record for a football game on Saturday night. So yeah..........there is plenty of interest.

LOL. Yes, I'm sure you were watching the play as intently as the AR was and saw where the Daviess player was at the exact moment the ball was crossed.

Dude there is video of this goal posted by a Herald Leader media member. Very clear video from a poor angle. If it is clear from that angle it should have been even clearer from the AR's position. The goal scorer was onside well after the ball was played and in front of 2-3 CC defenders. It really was not close.

Dude there is video of this goal posted by a Herald Leader media member. Very clear video from a poor angle. If it is clear from that angle it should have been even clearer from the AR's position. The goal scorer was onside well after the ball was played and in front of 2-3 CC defenders. It really was not close.

Dude, I've seen the video. Very clear video from a poor angle. LOL I think you described that very well. As I said, unless you were on the line of the last CCH defender there is no way you can say one way or another from the video. It was actually a very well officiated game overall.

Game was decided in OT - kid was being checked by CovCath Defender and broke after the cross was kicked - then put a header in...should have been game over. 2-1 in OT or 2-1 in PK's...justice played out with that poor call.

As I said, unless you were on the line of the last CCH defender there is no way you can say one way or another from the video.

You can't be serious with this statement. If you are, I got nothing else for you. Yikes. It is 100% clear.

Any REASONABLE person would say "yeah he looked WAY onside", any homer would say "poor angle"..LOL. I think you could make yourself a little less of a homer by saying - "yeah he looked onside by the video, but..." Even the kentucky.com writer said this:

"It was poetic justice for Booker, who, in the first overtime period, had a game-winning header off a cross from Graham Miller with 6.4 seconds left erased by an offsides call. Video from the sidelines did not seem to confirm the game-extending call."

But feel free to be a homer - anyone person at the game, or watching on video thought it was a goal.

Daviess County boys’ soccer tops Covington Catholic for state title | Lexington Herald-Leader

I rewatched it...the angle is pretty good actually. He is onside no doubt. Watch the goalie and back 6 for covcath - they KNEW he was onside...all of them immediately slump over in defeat, and there is no protest for being offside. Horrible call. Should have been over in OT. Linesman must have been catholic. LOL.

Well to be fair, it was decided in overtime. The goal Daviess scored was onside by a mile. Awful call by the AR. Glad DC ended up winning.

I have to disagree. I happened to be standing long the fence and was almost in perfect position to make the same call. He was offsides.

However, I do agree that Daviess County deserved to win. They outplayed the Colonels the entire game. Their passing and ball control was superior to the Colonels. Both teams made mistakes and missed opportunities leading to the outcome. Congrats to both teams on excellent seasons!