Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tates Creek 34 Boone County 27

Featured Replies

Final per the update thread.

Anyone with details. Sounded like this got very close at the end?

Congrats TC.

 

Way to go Boone, this year was a huge step forward.

Cool seeing the Boone talent working their way back in NKY. A lot of progress this year. Nice job!

Other than Boone pulling this one out I couldn't be happier for them.

Tough few years for the seniors. Went out swinging. Valuable life lessons learned.

Way to battle and never give up. Silver lining, heart will take you a long way in life. Keep competing.

Thanks for all the well-wishes and support for Boone County. BC got out on top 7-0 with a long pass from Alex Schwartz to Rondell Douglass on Boone's first offensive series. TC kicked off and before you knew it, Boone was on top 7-0. The whole game was close with either side capable of winning. It came down to mistakes. The loss was disappointing because Boone is every bit the equal of Tates Creek (at least on this Friday night) and could have easily advanced to the next game in the series. However, I want to congratulate Tates Creek on the win because they did what they had to do and came up with the big plays when they needed it.

 

I also want to mention that there was quite a bit of good sportsmanship from both teams. Players helping one another off the grass, etc. There were a few chippy moments but nothing that far out of line.

 

You hear people complain that Boone doesn't have a turf field, well, there were several plays where a TC player slipped on the grass and touched a knee down to end the play. That only happened one or two times to a Boone player so all-in-all I'd say the grass field favored Boone : ). I'm not sure turf is a good idea. :up:

 

After the contest, when the field cleared, the Boone seniors locked arms spanning most of the width of the field and then walked the length of the field together. It was an emotional moment.

Thanks for all the well-wishes and support for Boone County. BC got out on top 7-0 with a long pass from Alex Schwartz to Rondell Douglass on Boone's first offensive series. TC kicked off and before you knew it, Boone was on top 7-0. The whole game was close with either side capable of winning. It came down to mistakes. The loss was disappointing because Boone is every bit the equal of Tates Creek (at least on this Friday night) and could have easily advanced to the next game in the series. However, I want to congratulate Tates Creek on the win because they did what they had to do and came up with the big plays when they needed it.

 

I also want to mention that there was quite a bit of good sportsmanship from both teams. Players helping one another off the grass, etc. There were a few chippy moments but nothing that far out of line.

 

You hear people complain that Boone doesn't have a turf field, well, there were several plays where a TC player slipped on the grass and touched a knee down to end the play. That only happened one or two times to a Boone player so all-in-all I'd say the grass field favored Boone : ). I'm not sure turf is a good idea. :up:

 

After the contest, when the field cleared, the Boone seniors locked arms spanning most of the width of the field and then walked the length of the field together. It was an emotional moment.

 

My senior year finished in the state title game yet the majority of the great memories were more personal and involved my classmates. Love that Boone players went out as a unit.

This was my son's senior year. I can't tell you how proud I am of all of the seniors, 20 of which have been a part of the team all 4 years. Now they are brothers for life. What a battle! Old Grappler...thank you for always cheering for them the past four years. I never realized how much HARDER it would be watching your child finish their last game, then it is finishing your own....

This was my son's senior year. I can't tell you how proud I am of all of the seniors, 20 of which have been a part of the team all 4 years. Now they are brothers for life. What a battle! Old Grappler...thank you for always cheering for them the past four years. I never realized how much HARDER it would be watching your child finish their last game, then it is finishing your own....

 

Been there. Not even close. Much harder.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.